This is why the death penalty should be abolished

really no reason to abolish it, a damn good reason to make sure they catch the correct guy in the first place.
If we did what we were supposed to do, they would hit death row and be put down soon after, but nooooooooooo, we like to feed and house them for 20-30 years first.
I think our complete system needs a revamp, starting from Obumer on down.

Well I have no idea if those guys were on death row or not. But thank God we didn't put them to death. I won't even pretend to act like I know what the answer is. But sometimes I think the death Penalty is the easy way out for the guilty ones. Maybe they should rot in a cell have to think about it for the rest of their life. But I definitely think that Putting innocent people to death Or putting them in prison For crimes I didn't commit Is b*******.

Itype2slo

I am all for rehabilitation and hard work but some prison systems have incorperated into manufacturing and are competing with our workforce, Hard to beat its a now win situation

maverick1

Yep. I have a gent I work with who's son did 22 years for sexual battery, aggravated battery, burglary only to be cleared by DNA evidencehere . State of Florida. paid him $2mil. for 22 years lost. Pretty paltry.

Last edited:
This is scary!

Let's assume 5% of the prisoners are innocent in prison, this would be about 101,000 people!

That would mean there are at least 101,000 criminals on top of the ones that are smarter than the police running around to do more harm.

Don't know the year this was compiled?

Number of Prisoners: 1st place is U S: 2,019,234 & 2nd place is China 1,549,000

# 1 United States: 2,019,234 prisoners
# 2 China: 1,549,000 prisoners
# 3 Russia: 846,967 prisoners
# 4 India: 313,635 prisoners
# 5 Brazil: 308,304 prisoners
# 6 Thailand: 213,815 prisoners
# 7 Ukraine: 198,386 prisoners

Per Capita
# 1 United States: 715 per 100,000 people
# 2 Russia: 584 per 100,000 people
# 3 Belarus: 554 per 100,000 people
# 4 Palau: 523 per 100,000 people
# 5 Belize: 459 per 100,000 people
# 6 Suriname: 437 per 100,000 people
# 7 Dominica: 420 per 100,000 people

I think if a state is going to kill someone they should have to be guilty beyond a shadow of doubt or given live without parole and a chance to appeal within financial reason. The Innocence Project started in 1992 has successfully gotten many off death row through DNA testing which in many cases was not even available at the time. They use no public funding to my knowledge which is kind of cool, the government spends too much on BS anyway. If someone is in fact guilty of a capital crime then death should swiftly follow, food and housing costs too much per prisoner to be fattening em up.

A innocent cabby was killed...That sucks...But what if they had put 3 innocent guys to death for a crime they did not commit . How can we as a society condone that ?:shrug: And yes there is the argument that they all say they are innocent, But kinda makes you wander how many may have been innocent that were put to death :no:

1stlegendtx

You guys can't help it can you?

It ALWAYS gets reduced to a POLITICAL / Sociological level.

Then, whenever I offer up the opinion that the knee jerk class-warfare garbage is absurd my post is decried as POLITICAL.
All I am saying is if you have the money you can get out of it.:shrug:

You guys can't help it can you?

It ALWAYS gets reduced to a POLITICAL / Sociological level.

Then, whenever I offer up the opinion that the knee jerk class-warfare garbage is absurd my post is decried as POLITICAL.
Is it not true that a highly paid lawyer is more effective than a free lawyer provided by the court?

If it were Joe Blow who crashed his car on Chappaquiddick Island, left a female passenger to die, and waited nine hours to report it, would Mr. Blow receive a two-month jail sentance suspended for "leaving the scene?"

Would a PD be able to secure Joe Blow with a "not guilty" verdict for the murders of Simpson and Goldman?

Is a PD ever doing as much as a paid attorney, or do PD's tend to go for pleas instead?

You have stated your belief in the law of supply and demand. Do you not subscribe to the axiom of "you get what you pay for?" Or is that also political?