Throttle Linkage Assistance

Hello,
New to Minibikes, and am struggling with removing the throttle linkage on my HS50 Rupp. I purchased a new linkage that has bolts, and my current has rivets. I removed the carb, and the access to the rivets is hard, so I can't drill them from the outside. Is there any other option, or do I have to take off the housing with the pull cord (not sure what it is called)? I hope the pictures give you an idea of what I mean. Thanks!:thumbsup:

jrzmac

I hope you have a Dremel rotary type tool. with a cutting disc. that probly the only way to cut those rivets off. I cut into them deep, then used a vise grip to pull the pieces out. then just screwed the new linkage where the rivets were! i had the same problem :thumbsup:

If you pull the blower housing off (the part with the pull cord) you can drill them out from the front. There is three bolts on the top, where the cyl head is, the there is one bolt on either side. Once you pull it off you can access the back side of the rivets, you do not have to remove the flywheel or anything else. It only takes a few minutes with no special tools, piece of cake:thumbsup:

buckeye

And be careful. You don't want the recoil spring flying out. It shouldn't but, just don't mess with it out of curiosity.

Ok maybe I was a little unclear. Leave the black part (the ACTUAL) part with the pull cord bolted to the shroud (4 bolts) alone. The part you want to unbolt is the white part that the pull start is bolted to. (5 bolts-3 on top, 1 on each side). No need to mess with the spring:thumbsup:

buckeye

I don't think you were unclear. I was just suggesting to not mess with it out of curiosity. I did. Not a good outcome. That friggin thing is still flying around the garage.

jrzmac

yeah I tried it with the drill first, I couldn't get the rivets off like that. if I had a drill press maybe? I just couldn't hold the drill straight enough to drill them out. hopefully you have a steadier hand than I do? good luck!

If you pull the blower housing off (the part with the pull cord) you can drill them out from the front. There is three bolts on the top, where the cyl head is, the there is one bolt on either side. Once you pull it off you can access the back side of the rivets, you do not have to remove the flywheel or anything else. It only takes a few minutes with no special tools, piece of cake:thumbsup:
What tool removes those side bolts? They seem to be a wierd type of hex, I have never seen anything like it, but then again, I am a minibike virgin :scooter: The circle bolt in the pic is the one I mean.