TOM THUMB by MANCHESTER

I was looking at that but the pull start side is hitting the frame:shrug: I might be able to do some modifications:laugh::laugh: I'll need to take a better look at it:thumbsup:

Karen: I run the 79cc on my Azusa and you almost have to use the mounting plate to get final alignment right as the engines mount holes are in the bottom of the case, unlike the 212's which are on the front and rear of the case. I might suggest you mount the plate to the engine, see what your max height is, then see if you can go with the plate steel welded to the bottom of the frame tubes as suggested. It would be a great engine for the Tom if you can get it to fit. Good luck....Spooker

Drilled the holes in the fork tubes. I was very carefull to keep the bike level but the tire would hit the fork bolt nut:doah:........so I had to cheat a bit:laugh:. I also might round the bottom of the fork tubes.........haven't decided yet. :shrug:

Hey K,

Bike is comming along great - your fab skills are kick ass.
Good tip for the bolt touching the wheel (same problem as the SteamPunk) is to grind the head of the bolt in half, then remove the front wheel and push the bolt through from the bottom to the top. The nylock nut then goes on top, it does slightly mess with asthetics, but works well. If you need the head to be even flatter, cut the head off and weld on a washer.

Awesome Bike :bowdown:

Last edited:
My day off today so I got a bit done. Took a trip to OldMiniBikes and picked up some tires, axels, bearings. Then to home depot for some nuts and bolts.

I grinded a bit off of the neck bolt so It doesn't hit the tire. It is close:doah:

I rounded the bottom of the fork tubes:thumbsup: Mounted the front tire on the manco rim. Put in new bearings. Installed the proper axel and added the spacers. A touch of luck today........I had these two chrome spacers in a box that worked perfect:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Think I am finally done with the front end:bowdown: