TOM THUMB by MANCHESTER

I did it. :clap::clap: They came out pretty good. The one side is great and the other side is off a bit. I think my plates was a bit out of alignment. Now I need to drill the holes and put a little corner on the bottom of the forks. I was so afraid I was going to screw this up......Glad its done:laugh::laugh:

i ran a couple bolts through my dies to keep them aligned. one side is drilled and tapped while the other is allowed to slide. They do sorta get in the way in the vise but its ok if you position it right. so id recommend doing something like that if you plan on using the dies more than a few times. makes the job a bit easier

i ran a couple bolts through my dies to keep them aligned. one side is drilled and tapped while the other is allowed to slide. They do sorta get in the way in the vise but its ok if you position it right. so id recommend doing something like that if you plan on using the dies more than a few times. makes the job a bit easier
The bolts are a good Idea. I think I'm going to make another plate, but nicer looking:laugh::laugh: then I will use the bolts.

If anybody else is building one of these with a 4" neck, I will have some extra 5" neck bolts. Had to buy four of them on ebay.........was kinda hard finding the correct bolt:doah:

I had this engine down the basement NIB and thought I would see if it would fit.......It looks like it is 3/4 inch too tall. :doah: I will mess with it on Sunday a bit more. Strike 1:laugh::laugh: