Toy Boat,Toy Boat,Toy Boat

Build this dumas kit over 15 years ago,been sitting on the shelf ever since.
Built just like the real thing,double planked, mahogany strips,fiberglass cloth with epoxy
many hours to build,about 41"s long.
Since the pond is full now JR's been bugging me to get it going.
Got about four others including a 1/4 scale crackerbox with a bada$$ ported homelight weedwacker engine

Last edited:
That is really awesome.:thumbsup: The boat looks beautiful. If you put some fake people in there, it would look like a real boat cruising the lake:laugh:

Very cool!! I've had planes, helicopters, cars, trucks and tanks but never any boats. love to get one sometime though, they look like a lot of fun!

I was heavy into rc stuff before we moved to where we're at now.Sold quite a bit of them but keep a few.
Every one I ever had was a kit,i probably enjoy building more the running them.

here's the 1/4 scale crackerbox,scaled down model of an actual race boat.engine is supposedly close to 5 hp
built from a plywood kit.my first custom flame paint job,all rattle can.probably 20 years ago

another one in progress.

buoy tender,crane moves up,down and rotates

should look like this if it ever gets finished

There's a big vintage wooden boat show in St Ignace,north side of the mackinaw bridge every year
Should go to one

Nice job on all of those Todd. Cracker box racing is alive and well here on the river. I know a couple of old racers, one of whom claims he held some record for ten years. (by old, I mean over 80) Plank job is especially nice.

Thanks for the video Tom. Nice to see my old stomping grounds once in awhile. That Grey motor was sweet. I could tinker with that all day long.

125ccCrazy

Dumas made some really cool kits...I built a few Dumas kits back in the 90's...... That one you built turned out really nice.. love those old boats...

I built a 1/4 scale cracker box, mine was yellow with flames

Last edited: