trail machine value and the old lady

james c

those answers make perfect sense to me.
how do you suppose i explain value to the old lady when she says ("you paid how much!!?):hammer:but honey.....the guys said....

No one here can appraise a bike for you. It's like saying, I have a string in my pocket, how long is it. A runner should be around $150 or so. A collectible bike maybe $3,500 or more. Most bikes are not worth the time and money we spend on them. If your wife needs an explanation leave her:wink:. Welcome to OldMiniBikes.com

I can see buying old minibikes as antiquing, every now and then you could get one thats worth quit a bit.

My wife likes to collect cigarette butts .....well she doesnt collect them as much as litter the house and yard with them so I throw that back at her when she starts whining about the toys I need....ERR...want.
That and she likes her tim horton coffee which costs a fortune, I dont smoke and I prefer fresh coffee made at home for about 1/20th the cost of T.H's.

I can atleast sell my toys but theres not much of a market for old cigarette butts.:lol:
Thankfully she's not a fashion junkie and actually she doesnt spend much money other than on consumables.

The only real saving grace for me is she likes to ride her motorcycle and her quad and she actually likes to work on them with me so its all pretty good.

I got to get our mopeds:wink: (st90 & s90) going this winter so they are ready for next summer but she wont be happy until they are ready to go, so until then she'll just complain about how much the parts cost.:rolleyes:

When I was married I always told the wife that all the tools I bought I use them to make the money for Her next clothing purchase. I will have those tools for a lifetime and where are the clothes you bought even a year ago ?? Worked for almost 20 years now I don't answerer to anyone. :thumbsup:
Steve :scooter:

Bought a Harley she wasn't happy.:freakout: Bought a minibike She wasn't happy.:no:
Bottom line is she ain't gonna be happy, but just face the music and do what
you gotta do.:evil_laughter:

If shes gonna leave you over a minibike shes gonna leave ya anyway:doah:

Scooterboy......you must not be married :lol: if it were only that easy.
Scooterboy is VERY married. And VERY happily. My wife and I both have hobbies. She quilts and I ......well you know what my hobby is. Both hobbies take some $$$. If either of us really "needs" something we get it, most of the time. We don't really have to "justify" anything to each other. Alot of things that I would like to have get passed up too.