Triple tree fork tube nylon sleeve bushings.

The guy I got it from said Arctic Cat and it fit perfectly
The video wasn't important I just want everyone to see what the piece looked like so I grabbed a screen shot from the video ( same info)

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

Where is the "insert video icon"?????

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes
It is along the top of the window you are typing in. It is the second one from the right.
You'll need to copy the videos URL from youtube or where ever, first, then paste it in the box after you pick the icon.
It then puts a link to it in your post.
Hint. Put the video at the bottom of page otherwise you can't type anything without it creating another link. Flaw in the forum design...

Danford1

Last edited:
Hyeoctane's pic is of an original Arctic Cat bushing. Original Arctic Cat fork bushings (very similar to Rupp but longer) were split lengthwise to allow them to be installed/removed (think rolling a tube of paper tighter). There's a small flange on one end that fits into a groove inside the tube to keep the sleeve in place. The split also allows them to widen or narrow to handle larger forks or smaller tubes.

Modern replacements sometimes are solid with relief slots only on the flanged end. The reproductions I've had were of a different material as the originals...more brittle, less slippery. Check blackwidowmotorsports, they sell reproductions. Do NOT buy them on eBay from that a-hole "hd76vette" / "rachsabrin" who resells blackwidowmotorsports parts at double markup. (sorry, off my soapbox)

Arctic sleeves fit a tree tube with a 1" ID. Once installed, they have an ID of 7/8"...accepting a fork with a 7/8" diameter. They are about 8" long and easily shortened. Keep in mind that the shorter they are, the more sloppy they will be trying to handle the fork. Wall thickness is about 1/16".

Your disassembled pic shows a tree and forks identical (or almost identical) to Arctic bikes with 6" wheels. Check the inside of the tree tubes for a groove about 1/8" up from the bottom.

Arctic forks fit a little loose in the bushings by design, even when new. It's just the way they are. Too tight and they will bind under load. These were never meant to be precision fit and if your forks aren't perfectly straight (they never are) machined bushings will just bind. Your forks are just chrome plated CRS, not precision machined. Their only job was to provide a slippery surface and prevent metal on metal contact.

Lube very lightly, as heavy lube will grab dirt and become sticky.

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to take them out if sending your stuff to be powder coated. They are a $itc# to chisel out when melted. [emoji30]

Last edited: