Upgrading a new stock DB30 Mini Baja

So I've just purchased a brand new DB30 Mini Baja with a 2.5HP 97cc engine on it. It wasn't quite fast enough for me, my cousin could keep up with it running down the sidewalk. :( I really would like to purchase a kit or a few parts to make the bike a lot faster, and able to climb small hills.

I've read a couple good reviews about 6.5 horsepower engines, and need some clarifications on how well they mount onto the DB30. I'm interested in buying the one from this site: Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Do I need to do any drilling, cutting, welding? Also I'd like to get more torque to climb hills and such. I've read that buying a high sprocketed gear could help...Could anyone point me in the right direction to purchase a nice one!

Thanks,

Green Jelly. :smile:

Motra

You'd be amazed with the performance of the 6.5 engine. I sent him a PM to let him know you might be interested in the kit.

You'd be amazed with the performance of the 6.5 engine. I sent him a PM to let him know you might be interested in the kit.
Ah, I'll most def be buying a 6.5 engine!

I took my DB30 to a moderate trail, took it up minor hills going full speed, barely made it to the top, going down was fun then through, and through the rocky parts of the trail it slowed down. Drove it through some mud puddles on the trail too, and got sprayed hehe. I really hope the 6.5 will make trailing a lot more fun on this little thing. :)

I'll have to post a nice video of me trailing on it once I get the bigger engine. :thumbsup:

hey Green Jelly,

I have engine kits ready to go

I am leaving on vacation tomorrow, I got married last Saturday

Call me, I have 1 other engine kit going out tomorrow before I go to the airport

Chris 734-634-5810

I live in Michigan (EST)

hey Green Jelly,

Call me, I have 1 other engine kit going out tomorrow before I go to the airport

Chris 734-634-5810

I live in Michigan (EST)
Hey, thanks for posting! However I won't be able to purchase it for a bit, gotta wait until I get some more mini bike
cash. :) Very interested though, and I will def eventually purchase one from you! :thumbsup:

hey Green Jelly,

Chris 734-634-5810

I live in Michigan (EST)
I also am interested in a kit. I have a few questions though. From what I saw in this thread, the mini bike goes 25 mph stock, how fast does it go with the 6.5 in it? Also, how do you do these transactions? Over ebay? Thanks alot. Also, does the bike sound any different with the 6.5? I was considering finding a different exhaust so it sounds nicer. Looking forward to your reply.

Last edited:
It will go exactly the same speed at the rev limit of 3600 rpm as it did with the stock engine, only it will get there right now ! My 6.5 rocks and pulls wheelies unintentionally.
A blast to ride! :thumbsup:

Wolfgang,

I'm interested in this thread, I have a DB30 in layaway, and interested in a HP upgrade
but hopefully not too soon.

However; What and Who are - Lifan..???

Lifan ??...Lifan motors ?? I've never heard of them..????
Perhaps one will be walking into another piece of trash after the mini bike,
another POS motor.

No Briggs & Straten or Tuckusmie (parden spelling)

Seems this Baja DB30 Mini-Bike sucks.... all but the frame...????.

Should I cancel out of the Layaway.

gda

Welcome! :thumbsup: Dude this thread is near three years old so the author wont likely answer, the DB engine sucks but the rest is good for an engine swap. There are many answers to be found in the section you found this old thread, just look if you have questions. The options for repowering a DB are as vast as with any other old minibike. The search feature is your friend! :thumbsup: