Utility Bike from Scratch

Awesome build. Your efficiency is inspiring..... makes me feel like a slacker.

I love the way the design allows heavy loads on the rack without compressing the suspension and affecting ride quality.

Thanks guys! It hauls quite well I pulled a loaded trailer around with it no problem and had my brother on the rack hauled him up a steep hill its hard to keep it steady with a person wriggling around back there though lol. Im working on a riding video. Heres the brake setup and throttle. The throttle cable is quite homemade the engine end has a steel zig zag brazed on the cable with what looks like a brass ball point pen tube. The ball end I made using a piece of small copper tubing frayed the cable end and filled it with solder. It works! and the little bracket bolts on with the valve cover going to the goveroner arm and i drilled the tc backing plate for the spring.

The bike is all done and working great. the seat was a bit crooked so i fixed that, changed the grips and softened the front tire a bit. I mounted the back fender and now the chain rattles against it on decelleration so Iv got to trim it a bit. Other than that no issues its looking great

[/URL

I see a big problem with this bike. 20 years from now someone is going to post it on a forum and I am going to have to remember that you were the one who built it and not some manufacturer back in the 60s.

Nice job!!!!

I see a big problem with this bike. 20 years from now someone is going to post it on a forum and I am going to have to remember that you were the one who built it and not some manufacturer back in the 60s.

Nice job!!!!
Tell them to check under the kickstand thats where i stamped the builder :)

Looks like your bike can handle the terrain on your property:thumbsup: My wife would have a heart attack if it rode one of my bikes up on the deck, she only likes to drive them through wooden benches:laugh: