Utility Bike from Scratch

A lot going on here Bryan!! Lots of cool features going into one bike!! Just need to add the hang glider and propeller!! Love it!! :thumbsup:

Thanks yeah its simple yet complicated. Lots of tubing for sure. But its a fun build because i dont have to think too hard its just lots of fab work. I got the rear rack done except for the wood base im using pallot wood but i need another one to finish it. then I uphulstered the seat and decided the clinton tank was too short so im using a jacobsen tank its the same as the old one but taller. I just had to add extensions on the mount because the fuller is different and the straps come over the outer edges instead of the center. Also made the rear axle spacers and drilled the motor plate for the jackshaft. now i can drill the motor slots. then im going to add some guard bars on the sides for the rear wheel and do the trailer hitch

Well iv been slacking on the pics big time even these are old. Iv since got the rack and side guards done. Also made a mount for the band brake but still need to complete the cable. I made the cable for the throttle but havnt done the mount to the engine yet. Its an intesting cable. The engine end looks like it has a brass ball point pen tube to hold the zig zag end and its soldered or maybe brazed on. The ball end i used a bit of copper tube as the barrel drilled it for the cable and filled it with solder. I dont know if its going to hold up but itll be intresting to see if it does. I will be starting on the fenders soon im making a bead roller to make a hump in the center like the super bronc fenders

Lol Its possible. But my builds are more deterimined by what materials i have on hand more than anything else. And ill build a bike out of wood if I have to. Infact I just might :)

Heres the roller I made for the fender bead. Like the hump down the center of the super bronc fenders. I smelted the aluminum rollers in my backyad burn barrel and lathed them down. Works pretty good I havnt tried it on a 16 gauge piece yet but i think itll work

The front fender is done and mounted. It came out real nice. Im not looking forward to doing the back one being so much bigger but itll get done. Also made some struts to support the back of it from rattling around but no picture. For the curved edges i pie cut a piece of fence tubing on the inside and bent the curve. then cut the pie cuts off and split the top to make the two sides

Last edited:
Awesome work on that fender roller Brian. I have the same shop press and have made countless little tools for it, but never thought of that one. Bike is turning out great too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Biffmini

Wow! I'm always amazed your fab work is off the charts! & often your fabing parts not many would even consider fabing.
Keep the great threads coming. :hammer: :thumbsup:

I got all the fab work done and tore it down. I got the fender and cables and trailer hitch done. you can see the hitch on the frame in the one pic. I still havnt decided on a color. I might just go with a basic red but ill see what iv got. Id like to do it with a hammered paint so i dont have to do so much body work