Vintage Copper Briggs and Stratton

I've been acquiring some older copper Briggs horizontal shaft engines. 3 hp and 5 hp. So far they have either spark and compression or compression with no spark. I may be able to get some that run but in my opinion they would need work but could run and become a decent mini bike engine. I would like to know if there are other members out there that would be interested in these copper Briggs engines. I thought they were more desirable than others but what do I know.:shrug: Let me know your opinion and maybe if they are wanted I may continue acquiring them to sell. Example of one I recently bought is below....

Yer gonna hate me, but when I get a hold of them, I paint them. I never remember mini bikes with copper engines. Power equip. yes, mini bikes no.:biggrin:

Besides FHP why do the others want them? Is there something about the copper briggs or is it any older briggs that's nice to have? Do they have the cast iron bore? I'll check the numbers on the one's I have. Picking up another 3 and 5 horse this week also.

No worries Phil. That's the purpose of my thread....to find out if they are special in some way or if I should stop buying them. Seems like every time I renew my C-listing I get a few to several calls with folks wanting to sell them to me.

Bikerscum

Besides FHP why do the others want them? Is there something about the copper briggs or is it any older briggs that's nice to have? Do they have the cast iron bore? I'll check the numbers on the one's I have. Picking up another 3 and 5 horse this week also.
Copper makes no difference to me.... it's the vintage.

:scooter:

cxbra

Some of the die-hard guys want a matching numbers bike, they are looking for a specific vintage engine only because it belongs to a bike they are building.