What are you working on Today..

Ford taurus wasnt getting heat. turns out the water pump fins were worn off. common problem i guess. Also changed a starter on my neighbors honda. And the best part he gave me his 1970 yamaha DS6 for free. All original first owner he bought it for his graduation 6500 miles on it. So now iv got to get that cleaned up and running. fuel lines were rock hard and few bent parts from his wild days. :thumbsup:

looks great Bob. Color scheme and banana seat make it unique. Today I dove the tank in the snow for the first time and it works awesome. even better than dry land. Also working on my neighbors car he broke and axle coming up the hill in the snow last night. Rusted through right in the center underneeth a rubber dampener.

Right now im building a gas powered battery charger. Its basicly just a old 3.5hp briggs and a car alternator. But Im making it nice so theres a bit of work involved. Ill get some pics when its done

Ive been working on these waves from pieces of mahogany I got from an old job. It's Christmas time so I like to make gifts for everyone. I just finished brushing the 5th coat of varnish. 6th coat tomorrow nite and ill let them sit a few days to fully cure then sand then nice and smooth and apply the money coat, and then sand the drips off the bottom and wood burn initials on each wave. I got a late start this year just like every other year, but ill finish in time. I'm sure ill be wood burning Christmas Eve just like last year. And I have 6 more coin rings to make.

Attachments

buckeye

That's some nice looking wood work. Gbones.

I was gonna post I been scrubbing rust of 1970 Rupp Scrambler rims.
My pics aren't near as nice as yours.:laugh:

I had a malfunction of the rear axle in my mini Jeep. There was some kind of pin holding the pinion gear to the axle and it shattered. So I had to take the whole thing out and clean out the old grease to get all the pieces out and it was a real mess. nothing got into the teeth so thats cool. Got to decide if I want to use a bolt or another pin in there

Well I decided to build my own trailer for the tank rather than buying one for 300 just to cut it up and modify it anyway. I have everything i need its just alot of work because everything will be pretty much from scratch. I might have to buy some leaf springs for it but thats about it. I made good progres on it today gathering everything up and getting the frame started

I got to lay on the snow and try to dig the broken starter bolt out of my k3500--no luck so we switched over to getting the trail blazer and enclosed trailer ready for the trip north Saturday to get the KQ400 so I can plow my driveway here.

Not a particularly fun day but there was lots of sunshine, fresh air and cool refreshing water----once the snow melted.:smile: