What bikes ride sweet and ride horrid your experience. which do you hate?

Personally my arco rides terrible, the bars are too close and the steering radius sucks i let other people ride that one.. cheeftah225 rides nice but is a little small. lil indian is a small bike but has a nice ride but my css charger i feel has the best ride of the bikes i have. whats your favorite to ride and why.

The chopper minibikes are really squirrelly when you start gaining speen. My favorite is my eliminator. The suspension is not the greatest though.

45t

Worst riding was my cat wildcat due to ridged frame the rake of the forks and handlebars in my knees and the best all around riding mini was my Bird Eltigre.

The Baja Heat/Warrior/MB165-MB200 are great riding newer models... The hard tail older models are tough but if you can get one that fits your size with the handle bars in a comfortable position AND footpeg placement you can find a good rider... To me rear suspension isnt as important as front suspension... You don't want to feel like your hands are going to vibrate off the bars. Depending on the size of the rear tire you can adjust the air pressure for riding comfort. I also think a swing arm is better than a seat with shocks. With my weight on a seat with shocks it shifts my weight on take off and wheelies. But not as much if it is just a swing arm.... You really need to find the most comfortable bike for you and the type of riding you do.... A street rider is going to be different than a trail bike... And so on and so forth...

K&S Hornet Deluxe and Hardtail Deluxe steer the best IMO. MTDs are ugly but steer much the same with perfect rake and trail. Gilsons also steer fantastically. Most old suspension bikes are certainly more comfortable then an unsuspended machine, a Honda mini trail 50 or Z50 will outperform all of them but they are not true minibikes. Bird minis with overhanging engine plates in general to me ride poorly, Wrens especially with the rear wheel offset which at high speeds the bias becomes more apparent and all bird scrub brake bikes stop for shit especially with a little moisture added. Murray Track2 minis also steer magnificently but that mono shock seat is not enough suspension, mine made me feel like my fillings were leaving my teeth, they need suspended forks.

I hate to admit it but my favorite minibike to ride ever was my DB with the homemade spring forks and the blue clone with 60 tooth sprocket, went like the devil and stopped just as well and was big enough for my 6' #225 carcass to ride comfortably.

If you want a soft ride, find a bike with suspension both ends, or big mushy tires.

My DB30 is similar to Outlaw's, but stretched some for my long legs. Great for riding the streets.

For off-road, I like my Trailblazer or Super Bronc. Suspension both ends, and the Super Bronc has big mushy tires.

For serious off road, I go back to no rear suspension on my Tote Gotes. They will climb anything.

I hate to admit it but my favorite minibike to ride ever was my DB with the homemade spring forks and the blue clone with 60 tooth sprocket, went like the devil and stopped just as well
I agree Andy!! I have to say out of my limited riding experience with the classics that my newer style DB30 has the best steering response and overall controllability even with my daughter crammed on there!! :facepalm: I'm gonna get it now!! :laugh:

I am 52 and weigh 275 lbs, I like to ride hard ... my choices might be different if I was younger and lighter, but I am not.

Horrid ... small no suspension bikes will bang the hell out of you, I can feel my spine compress up to my head, that cant be good.
Some handle very squirrely ... my brothers Pacmule feels that way to me.

Sweet: Heathkit Hilltopper ...

Adult sized but still a mini. Wide long seat, suspension on both ends, wide cushy tires, handlebar and peg placement are very nice.

Its not as refined as say its competition when new, the Honda CT 70 but it has the mini bike motor and salsbury drive that keeps it firmly in the "real" mini bike family.

I also have a Heald VT10 ... its a great bike but its large and a bit to muscle around ...

buckeye

Without a doubt, full suspension bikes are the most comfy for us old guys, right Cheezy?:laugh:
However, my Trail Horse 500GTO rides great.
Heald VT5 most comfy all around ride.
Fox Thunderbolt is very comfy.
Gilson Wards is my favorite rider this week.
Street riding, Cat 400x.
Hell, I like em all..:eek:hmy:

the fully suspended bajaheat I made rode like a caddy, cat,400 ride get too, I have a 71 minico ramjet that has full suspension but is still apart but should have good ride with 8" wheels .

For me All mine ride nice
Lil indian arco bird work horse db motovox and a few others i dont have any idea what they are ? They all have there own personality and thats what i like about them

Tote Gote Nova, then Powell. Hands down.

I've never ridded a Cat that I'd consider comfortable, and I've ridden most of the models. I was pleasantly surprised by the ride of the Flexo Super Scrambler. The bars are tall and forward enough to where it's a decent ride, and of course the front springs help.

Taco 99 with Trail Tamers on the front was also an excellent riding and handling bike. But the Gote and the Powell beat them all, and the Boonie Bike was not even close to them either.

Mac

My Mark IV Rogue was my worst riding mini.
It wandered from side to side trying to go up the street.
Handlebars too wide too.