What do you do for a living?

Hardscape designer, estimator, and project manager. I also do freelance commercial art and graphic design work when I choose to. I like being able to say "that's my design" and knowing I did something that my son can see and such.

I'm happy and enjoy it, but on the other hand... Costs are up, overhead is high, and our market is more competitive than ever. Meaning I don't make what I used to. We take care of our employees though, and they are all loyal.

MiniBike Paul

Jeff, is it safe to assume that Oxnard means Haas Automation?? Too bad you don't drive those trucks, you could stop by Paul's Speed and Fab and see their collection of minibikes (another museum!), only 10 minutes from Oxnard!!

Jeff, is it safe to assume that Oxnard means Haas Automation?? Too bad you don't drive those trucks, you could stop by Paul's Speed and Fab and see their collection of minibikes (another museum!), only 10 minutes from Oxnard!!
You are correct, use to have Fadal also on that route but not now, Im glad I do not drive those trucks... I would be on your door step.. I will see a certain member next weekend at speed week :smile:

45t

Parks & Recreation Manager, and no its not like the TV show. I manage a city owned community center with indoor soccer, boxing, indoor batting tunnels, rentable/program rooms & a 14,000 square foot fitness area.

I virtually get paid to help others recreate. Pay is good and its low stress.

facebook/eastsiderecreationcenter

IT Tech Support / Customer Service Rep at a locker manufacturer for the next month or so until I get laid off. Company is moving and I am not. I also started Affordable Computer Repair and Service about two years ago. As a part time/third job, I deliver pizza at a local pizza cafe and wash dishes/drink beer.

I'm a busy guy... lol

I'm a toll booth attendant. :facepalm:

Doesn't pay much, but you do get to meet a lot of people.

I should have stayed in school!

Last edited:
I am a Grant Administrator...

I have 18 counties and 45 cities that I work for... I can have anywhere between 25-40 on going construction projects, either buildings or infrastructure, some include private companies with over 50 million in private investment and some projects with a total cost as little at $20,000.

Pay sucks, high stress since I'm working with local governments that invent new ways to break the rules...

13 years as a Jaguar Tech.
7 years as a Mercedes Tech.
Now I write service for a Mercedes Benz Dealership.
I also hate the car business, but "it pays the bills".

I now work on a turd ranch as a maintenance tech.:scared: :laugh:

Actually its a sewage treatment facility and I'm hoping it leads to better things in the future, although I could find myself out of work if people stop pooping :shrug: (nah people gotta poop :lol:)

Work is 100% optional now. I retired from small HVAC Contacting business 4 years ago. My long term plans worked out just great, lots of satisfied customers never made a lot of money just too honest and fair. I did install a furnace yesterday and made a bit of spending money above my Pension and Social Security.
Steve :scooter:

Garage doors, openers, and gates. Residential and commercial.
4 man operation thats been around for 26 years, I've been man #3 for 11 years.
Garage doors are everywhere and when they break people want them fixed. It's a good living.