What is this? Is it a Murray?

Just picked up this mini. Wondering what it is? Anyone know where I can find a front fender for it? It needed a throttle grip and cable. I put on a universal grip and cable and it runs great. 5 hp Tecumseh starts on 3rd pull and idles smooth.
Also, is there supposed to be a chain guard on here?

I would say its a Murrey. It maybe modded a bit, I could not find that exact one. But the more I look at it the frame looks so different, maybe cut up 2 frames to make it or something.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bet money on it, but it looks an awful lot like somebody's home built version of a Murray to me.... And if so, they did a nice job of building it. Unless I'm very much wrong, a Murray is a Murray and there was only ever one model and that isn't it.

Here's mine just for comparison's sake...

Last edited:
Same manufacturer maybe, similar design and I like it. I see springer bikes here now and others that all look like Baja stuff and there is no doubt they are china made by what seems the same folks. Not a Murray though.:thumbsup:

Still trying to figure out what this is. There's a tag riveted to the frame. Tag says Manufactured by BDM Roseland, LA Serial #00896. Underneath the tag is a number stamped into the frame 030204.
Also it says MX-1 on the plastic under the seat.

Thanks so much SimpleTom. That's the bike. I was actually on that web sight yesterday but didn't realize I was at the right place. Although the bike is not "old School" it's actually pretty neat. I gave $100 for it and it needed a throttle grip and cable. I put those parts on and it runs great. 5 hp Tecumseh starts on 3rd pull cold and 1st pull when warm. The parts I need are a kickstand, front fender, chain guard. They'll probly cost more than I'm willing to spend but I do appreciate the information.