What the heck happened to

What killed the mini bike? there were so many good brands. now all there is is chinese crap db's and a manco thats very expensive. Why doesnt a good american company start making vintage style ones. you search mini bike on google and get a bunch of pos pocket bikes.

And I quote,,,

The American mini-bike and go-kart industry is again being attacked by foreign manufactures selling mini-bike and go-karts at low prices. The Chinese this time.
The small guys got run out by the bigger guys, then the foreign guys.

Last edited:
I just thought of something else !!!!

Like most companies, In order to sell a product, there needs to be a demand or need for it.

Unless your a company like HARLEY-DAVIDSON, who can sell anything that has there name on it.

Here in California, Farm land is dissappearing fast. Resulting in less customers for a multi-purpose vehicle like a mini-bike.
That is actually how I got my first minibike for free.

No farmland, no place for minibike riding.

Last edited:
30 years ago, Japanese products carried the same stigma as Chinese products do now...and now one of the most sought after "old" minibikes is the Honda CT-70. Maybe in 30 years, the same will apply to the DBs you mentioned.

I just think they're a blast wherever they come from.

x-90 rider i think hit it right on the nose,,right now in pa there is a law office advertising
on tv, they are looking for famleys that had a loved one hurt or werst on a 4 wheel atv
to call there 1 800 number,it is on CH 17 out of phila,pa. i think there after honda mostley
:censure::scooter::scooter:

Jason,

There are not too many 100% American vehicles of any type. Virtually none actually. Don't confuse an assembly plant with made in USA. BMWs may be put together (assembled) in South Carolina but most of the parts come from far away lands. The same goes for Ford, Chevy, honda, Hyundai, etc..

hexhead

Ok,

If you are not aware there is a company based in California that is 100% American and the engineering and development is second to none. If you want or require the best welding, bending and performance money can buy and can afford the best, aside from liability issues you too can have a well balanced (not offset so the bike falls over from the engine being set to the right too darn far) machine. You need to deceide if money is worth more than China welding, is safe enough at any cheap price. Flexo gone. Ruttman gone. Taco re-created. Rupp gone. Bonanza gone. Any other's I missed please let me know and add to the list. I know how you feel. Childs toys from China are dangerous. They disregard copy-right American laws including the Harbor Freight 6.5HP upgrade engines. They feel they are exempt from copyright laws and copy from Honda, and take money away from a Japaneese company who has not suffered an operating loss in 40 years. So we are all guilty of this. I had to choose between a 7" Makita high speed buffer ($350.00) and a Harbor Freight exact copy ($35.00) because of the wrap around handle to feed my child and keep a roof over her head. Tough choice.

If you want to get the whole package, go to my pictures I paid $330 for a real Honda 6.5HP engine from Small Engine Wherehouse. I purchased from Shane at Affordable Go Karts - Home page - AGK - http://www.affordablegokarts.com for about $330.00 for a air cleaner, pulse driven intake manifold, carb, valve springs, exhaust, fuel pump and not to forget index washer's to allign the tip of the spark plug to the exhaust port. I also spent $300 on two stage paint supplies and it looks like glass with disposal rattle cans.

The man. Robin Johnson is the person I am speaking of. With his abilities. He is not the nicest man like myself, however he is very talented. Understanding he deals with squid's on a daily basis, could be the reason. I sent him $580.00 for a custom unpainted rolling chassis frame. My bike will stand upright for three or four seconds and it's a toss up if it falls to the left or right.

Bad Dawg is an American company you can trust to keep you alive at 55 mph and not have terrible welding. He is a master fabricator. He is the only person willing to look the other way when it comes to liability issues, however he is not exempt from law suits. So if you get hurt take responsibilty for your own actions so his company is around for a long time. No other person alive can build a machine like mine. Is $1500.00 too much for a show bike? Does the 1970 Honda trail fifty and seventy command that kind of money? For a child, a Doodle bug is perfect. For myself I demand the best. Rolex, Winnebago and Levi Jeans. Shane is a great businessman. Robin Johnson is a master fabricator and he knows his business. I can be a prick. I like the fact someone (100% American) can make a balanced mini bike in 2009.

HH :weld:

TT :censure:

Bad Dog Enterprises is the only American company left. Help! I have fallen and I can't reach the throttle! :grind:

Last edited:

tomsprops

That all sounds great but he's still the guy that put together a mini that can only turn to the left because the sprocket hit's ? I'm not Baggin just sayin !

Most Makita tools now made in China. Same true for Dewalt and most others. Just go to your local tool store and check the labels out for yourself.

Genuine honda GX engines contain mainly chinese made parts.

Levis jeans no longer made in USA as of several years ago. Now made in a third world country. Once again, go to store and read labels.

Sounds like you have a nice mini.

hexhead

30 years ago, Japanese products carried the same stigma as Chinese products do now...and now one of the most sought after "old" minibikes is the Honda CT-70. Maybe in 30 years, the same will apply to the DBs you mentioned.

I just think they're a blast wherever they come from.
The Honda 70 AIN'T a mini bike and the hard tail Z-50 is worth way more.

The REAL old school mini's are cool because they are simple and less is more. Nothing to do with Jap bikes.

Ok,

If you are not aware there is a company based in California that is 100% American and the engineering and development is second to none. If you want or require the best welding, bending and performance money can buy and can afford the best, aside from liability issues you too can have a well balanced (not offset so the bike falls over from the engine being set to the right too darn far) machine. You need to deceide if money is worth more than China welding, is safe enough at any cheap price. Flexo gone. Ruttman gone. Taco re-created. Rupp gone. Bonanza gone. Any other's I missed please let me know and add to the list. I know how you feel. Childs toys from China are dangerous. They disregard copy-right American laws including the Harbor Freight 6.5HP upgrade engines. They feel they are exempt from copyright laws and copy from Honda, and take money away from a Japaneese company who has not suffered an operating loss in 40 years. So we are all guilty of this. I had to choose between a 7" Makita high speed buffer ($350.00) and a Harbor Freight exact copy ($35.00) because of the wrap around handle to feed my child and keep a roof over her head. Tough choice.

If you want to get the whole package, go to my pictures I paid $330 for a real Honda 6.5HP engine from Small Engine Wherehouse. I purchased from Shane at Affordable Go Karts - Home page - AGK - http://www.affordablegokarts.com for about $330.00 for a air cleaner, pulse driven intake manifold, carb, valve springs, exhaust, fuel pump and not to forget index washer's to allign the tip of the spark plug to the exhaust port. I also spent $300 on two stage paint supplies and it looks like glass with disposal rattle cans.

The man. Robin Johnson is the person I am speaking of. With his abilities. He is not the nicest man like myself, however he is very talented. Understanding he deals with squid's on a daily basis, could be the reason. I sent him $580.00 for a custom unpainted rolling chassis frame. My bike will stand upright for three or four seconds and it's a toss up if it falls to the left or right.

Bad Dawg is an American company you can trust to keep you alive at 55 mph and not have terrible welding. He is a master fabricator. He is the only person willing to look the other way when it comes to liability issues, however he is not exempt from law suits. So if you get hurt take responsibilty for your own actions so his company is around for a long time. No other person alive can build a machine like mine. Is $1500.00 too much for a show bike? Does the 1970 Honda trail fifty and seventy command that kind of money? For a child, a Doodle bug is perfect. For myself I demand the best. Rolex, Winnebago and Levi Jeans. Shane is a great businessman. Robin Johnson is a master fabricator and he knows his business. I can be a prick. I like the fact someone (100% American) can make a balanced mini bike in 2009.

HH :weld:

TT :censure:

Bad Dog Enterprises is the only American company left. Help! I have fallen and I can't reach the throttle! :grind:
How much paint did you sniff before or during the build of that thing????

delray

HTML:
Competition, lawsuits, and product liability insurance costs
x-90 rider
i think x-90 rider has it right. when i look at my columbia minibike i can't believe i road this bike and thousands of other kids road the same style bike. this thing is a tank and with a 4hp motor and torque converter the bike would do wheelys all day. i can see why there could be lawsuits:doah:

Its all the attorneys out there looking for anything to make a buck on. Look in you local phone book. Here in Toledo area phone book there 50 pages highlighted in orange just to mostly to Ambulance chassers. I just seen on TV there a lawfirm wanting to know if you been injured on a Yamaha Rhino. There money just waiting for you!. Do you remember what the media (20/20) did to the ATC(three whelers) back in the 80s. The lawyers jumped on that. And thats whey when you walk into Honda dealer a dirt bike/four wheeler cost as much as they do today. Product liability factered into the product.
Its all the Idoits that do not have brains to learn to ride properly and or put there kids onto a bikes to big or powerful for there age and skill leval. I see it in the area I live in Guys buy a big four wheeler 250cc and up and let there 9-13 old ride them around. They tell me they grow into it. These aren,t pants you are buying.
I think the smaller companys could not afford all the lawsuits and were forced to close. Bigger companys that are more diversified lasted.
Also I think its called the consumer product safty com. that went after the minibikes back in the early 1970 said how onsafe they are lobbied for changes. Also they were the ones who said that the shifter on the Schwinn sting ray were unsafe and thats why that disapeared on the sting rays. This group of people are insane. There still around today. These people must not do much in there personal life because they think everything is unsafe. So it opens a door wide open for lawsuits. So I guess we should be responsible for are own actions and are kids.