What's your tablet of choice

buckeye

Wife is wanting a tablet. She surfs Pinterest and girlie stuff.

If you were to buy your wife a tablet, what would you buy?

250-300 buckaroo range or is that a ya get what ya pay for?

Thank you in advance.

catfishman

bought my wife the samsung galaxy 10 inch earlier in the year, it was an anniverary/birthday/ whatever gift, she wishes she would have gotten the ipad, only cause the galaxy doesnt have all the games she likes to play:shrug:. we went with the galaxy after talking to the employees at best buy, that said that is what they preferred over ipad.

I have an IPad but I would recommend the Samsung. It's a lot of personal preference Buck. If you watch some YouTube videos and comparisons they are helpful.

I have a Ipad2 that I bought a few years ago,My wife just bought a IPad air. I'm not sure why she choose the Ipad air but she did shop around before she pulled the trigger on it. one thing I like about having my IPad is everything is the same as my phone and with ICloud it shares everything. if I take a picture with my phone it shows up on my ipad instantly.

I see you have a cap on your spending so this was probably not relevant to you then.

Last edited:
My wife has an ipad. I didn't think much about it but that it was too small. My desk top was down a few weeks back and had to use her ipad and got use to it. when at home I use it more than my desk top but I am on a desk top all day at work.

Got my wife an IPad mini last year. She always has it with her. The new IOS 7 sucks, but it's still way better then windows 8.

It's light, holds a good battery, and the camera is awsome

toomanytoys

It's all personal preference. What phone does she have? If she likes apple get her the I pad. If she likes android get a galaxy. I ridden myself of all apple products. I am much happier with my android stuff. I like the freedom of android vs the prison that is apple.

I had an I pad 2 and an iPhone 4. Sold them both for Android products.

I've had a Samsung galaxy 10.1 tab 2 for 1.5 years now and I LOVE it. It's gone every where with me and has replaced my computer. I do everything on it.

I bought my dad a galaxy 7 last Christmas and he is the least electronic savvy person in the world and he uses that thing every day for craigslist and eBay and Internet searching.

Most apps today are available across android and apple products. But there are a some that are only on one or the other.

I also use a Samsung galaxy s4 for my phone. I am a bit sold on Samsung products

Last edited:

maverick1

I have a Galaxy and my wife has an Ipad. She likes the ipad but says she does not think it is worth the extra. I will say since I have used a tablet, I never use my laptop.

Two days after Thanksgiving I bought this Dell Venue8 16gb Tablet with the Android OS for 139.00 and it is a very fast little tablet with 2g ram and hundreds of apps I use it for most everything , the only thing I like better than this is my 24" monitor on the desktop :smile: . The sales people who seemed to know the most were at Staples and Office Max , people at Best Buy and CompUSA seemed to be after the dollars and not for me :shrug:

Talked to my daughter. She mentioned my wife is a Amazon user. So maybe the Kindle Fire might be best.:shrug:
Those are good tablets but they use the amazon app store so its a little limited.

If I were to buy a tablet it would be the nexus 7 or nexus 10 because Google gives updates to the nexus devices before any other android and android is fit for the nexus devices and then other have to customize it to the other android devices.

gbabins1

I started on Apple products although my wife and kids still perfer them...I made the switch to Androids. Very happy with them...much more customizable.

toomanytoys

Do not buy a Kindle fire. Amazon app store sucks. Terrible selection of apps!!! Terrible hardware and software.

I have a 1st gen Kindle fire running a a custom rom. It works well. But the stock Kindle fire sucks.

Don't buy a 7" tablet either. Later she will want a bigger then you will buy 2 tablets.

Samsung 10.1 or a nexus 10 which is Samsung built and has a better display than an ipad