Which high output engines fit in the Baja Warrior?

Hello friends, this is my first post here. I'm looking for friendly suggestions :thumbsup:.

My friend and I have occasionally messed around with his Mini Baja Warrior bike by trying to increase its top speed. We arent looking to race or anything, but we started getting bored with offroad riding and thought it would be fun to see what else we could do to change it while remaining on the cheap side.

All we have done is remove all body panels and pieces not required to make it run, and we removed the tourque converter. The chain runs directly to the clutch, obviously giving the thing NO low end power, but the top end is around 40mph depending on the riders weight. The clutch is also on its last leg, but I understand that will wear out when arranged this way.

latley Ive been itching to find a bigger engine for it rather than modifying the current one (which has been beat pretty hard anyway). Just for something fun and different. I know it will involve money, but the idea of a higher horsepower engine is really entertaining to me. Im not really thinking we need to increase the top speed much more, but being able to hit that speed much quicker (and louder) would be a blast.

SO to my question, are there any engines, of 10 HP minimum, with a horizontal drive shaft and bottom mounting flange that are small enough to fit within the Warriors frame? I would rather not have to modify the frame.
I have read on this forum that the 6.5HP engines can be modified to put out more power, but that is not what I'm after. Think hot rod. Big motor for the sake of the big motor. :laugh:

Thanks!

I think your calling the jack shaft a torque converter, with a torque converter on it you would go about the same speed but have tons of torque which would be worth it for the money. If want to put a bigger motor in it your not gonna go faster unless you mess with the gearing. You would have lots of torque with a big block motor like a 10hp but your not gonna go faster. The best thing to do is what you said you didn't want to do, which is getting a 212cc predator and moding it with a air filter, header, springs, may be a cam, and a torque converter. I don't think there are many big blocks that will go into the frame with out doing some welding, which is why it would be better with the predator

When I say torque converter, I mean the 2 chains and sprocket that go between the clutch sprocket and the rear wheel sprocket.

What springs are you refering to? I've thought about a header but I dont understand how adding whats basically a straight pipe, will increase power.

When I say torque converter, I mean the 2 chains and sprocket that go between the clutch sprocket and the rear wheel sprocket.

What springs are you refering to? I've thought about a header but I dont understand how adding whats basically a straight pipe, will increase power.
Yeah thats a jack shaft not a torque converter. As for springs i mean valve springs like 18 pound ones. A header makes more power because the stock muffler is really restrictive, thats why every one runs them. If you have a welder you should look in to the 125cc lifan pit bike motors they have 4 gears, a manuel clutch, and a kick start it would go fast and also have tons of torque because of gears

If you have a welder you should look in to the 125cc lifan pit bike motors they have 4 gears, a manuel clutch, and a kick start it would go fast and also have tons of torque because of gears
Actually I have looked at the lifan engines haha. The mounts appear to be on the top and on the front though. So like you said, I need a welder...

I think your calling the jack shaft a torque converter, with a torque converter on it you would go about the same speed but have tons of torque which would be worth it for the money. If want to put a bigger motor in it your not gonna go faster unless you mess with the gearing. You would have lots of torque with a big block motor like a 10hp but your not gonna go faster. The best thing to do is what you said you didn't want to do, which is getting a 212cc predator and moding it with a air filter, header, springs, may be a cam, and a torque converter. I don't think there are many big blocks that will go into the frame with out doing some welding, which is why it would be better with the predator
Actually a lot faster with the torque converter not just low end.

those engines are killer haha that kawasaki 250 would be amazing. the v twin warrior is intense..id love to do something like that but like i said, i lack the means to weld it. the 6.5 predator engine will probably be the only option that dosnt include frame modification. il talk to the actual owner of the bike and see how much effort and $$ he wants to deal with. in the past this has been a really casual project for us. thanks for the suggestions

joshua. c.

i saw a video on youtube where somone put a flathead briggs 8hp engine in the warrior frame, it actualy looks grate in there. he did have to dich the fake tank to make it fit but it still looks better in the frame than the honda or preditor. the dounside is i haven't herd of any aftermarket parts for this engine, if there are any at all, so future power mods wont be eazy.

so the owner of this bike went ahead and got a predator 212 engine. we are going to try and put it in tonight. could anyone tell me the thread size for the bolt that holds the clutch on? the threads on the predator shaft seem to be diffrent than the origonal engine.