while not a true mini bike the seed was planted on this forum

I built two bikes last winter. One a Mustang Pony wannabe built on a Baja Warrior frame. This fall and winter I'm going the next step. This is a mustang pony wannabe that will be road legal. Built on a CSC frame with a 200cc Honda twin. Still much to do. Wiring will be a challenge. The only parts I have not acquired are front
and rear disc brakes. But it is taking shape. While not a true mini it's not a full size either, more of a scooter. If not for this forum never would have done it. Would have missed a lot of fun. Thanks

Outdoorguy

buckeye

Good to see you are still around. Great build history and appears, this one will not disappoint as well.:thumbsup:

good luck! i think csc has some interesting ideas and products. i cant wait to see this done. remember the other build and it was awesome!:thumbsup:

The story i got was the frames were early csc frames which were considered surplus and the wheels the same. I bought them from off ebay. When I contacted the seller for information. It was the California Scooter Company. Small world. I had bought the frame to build the same type of bike the were building, with out knowing the source. The rest I found or made or modified from where I could. The motor, front forks and steering yoke were donated from a 1980 Honda cm200t with 849 miles on it. The front and rear fenders (front not mounted yet) are baja warrior fenders with 1 3/8" cut from the middle rewelded filled and painted. I stated last April and hope to be finished by spring. I built a whole front end and canned it for the Honda. I still have another frame and set of wheels so it may still find it's way on a build. Thanks for the kind words.

Outdoorguy

Motor mounts welded in and front fender mounted. Head light, tail light, kick stand, disc brakes, sprocket and chain next, Finally wiring. Going to be a challenge, but have a 81 cm200t (my sons) to use as a wiring diagram. Motor was running great in the old bike a month ago.

looks good. The headlight and tailight are very retro and chrome. Should set it off nice.

Added foot pegs, kick stand, headlight, tail light and pipes. Start wiring tomorrow. Got a week off for deer season, but dosen't start till Thursday so will have a little free time to work on it.

outdoorguy

You have done well...this scooter is a throwback to the classic bobber style....gets my attention everytime!
I keep picturing a purple version with a vintage Triumph "Cub" 200cc engine with a megaphone exhaust tip!.......the wheels keep turning.....