will this disk brake assembly fit over a sprocket?

i bought one identical to that from mfgsupply.com awhile ago. it fits over my sprocket fine and bolted right up to the bracket (on my Cat frame, might need a small spacer). i didn't feel like trying to rig a cable to make it work so i never installed it.

i'm pretty sure it's at my friend's house now (it's not with all my mini bike stuff here). if you want it for the cost of shipping it's yours.

i haven't been on here much lately so email me at the_berzerker02 at yahoo.com.

edit:

you can kind of see how my bracket is set up in this pic.

Last edited:
Haqzore, Don't be alarmed if the "HEAD" of that calipar don't fit between the sprocket and tire, mine didn;t so I removed some of the aluminum with a belt sander, still need to take of just a little more as there is still just a little rub.
dave

delray

haqzore,just makesure you have enough space between the brake unit and tire. you should be ok if the bike was already set up for it. some of the guys here have use this set on there bikes and works real good. i am going to try it on my bike:thumbsup:i had to fab my brake bracket.

How well does this work using the sprocket as a brake disc?

How do you avoid having any problems with chain lube fouling the brake pads?

JM, Those little calipars work pretty good, except if there is paint on the sprocket, but once the pads burn through the paint, it will lock the tire up, also once the pads, or pucks start to wear you remove the cotter pin, on that castle nut, and tighten the nut to adjust the brake, replace the cotter pin, now as with any brake system, oil or chain lube, will reduce the stopping ability, but just until the oil or lube is burnt off, I just use wd40 on my chain, and I'm carefull not to spray too much, or spray the sprocket or brake.
dave

delray

JM,if you you oil chain correct you should not have any problem with the brake and the mechanical will work just fine,unless you plan on going really fast and need to stop quick:thumbsup: