Will This engine work for Baja Warrior

Dcdoc

just got email from harbor freight, they have a 6.5 hp engine on sale, I'm new to the mini bikes and i'm not sure about shaft size and if this will work as a replacement motor for the stock one that is in the bike.

Predator 212 cc OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine - Certified for All States Except California

I think the shaft on that engine is 3/4 with the end tapped at 5/16-24

The stock motor is bad and I would love to just mount up the old jack plate and a new clutch to this new motor. and what mods would I need to hook the throttle up to it? if that is possible?

Will this work?

Thanks

Last edited:

RobK

It should fit no problem. You might just want to double check the size of the output shaft though. Shoule be the same.

buckeye

I have both a Heat and aWarrior. Both have clones of the 6.5 variety. I would say yes but as mentioned chech the shaft.

joekd

It will work fine, all Warriors had 3/4" shaft motors

Just remember you will be losing your light (no charging coil on the predators)

MB165 Mini Baja w/Predator 6.5 212cc "clone"

Yep, the Harbor Freight Predator 6.5 212cc "clone" will fit the Baja Motorsports Mini Baja/Heat/Warrior. I just swapped in a Predator in my 5.5 hp 168cc Jiangdong Mini Baja. Only difference I ran into was that the bolts that attach the jackshaft assembly to the side cover are 5/16-24 X 3/4" instead of the metric threads that were on the Jiangdong.

Jimmy S.