Windber Minibike Reunion 2012

Will you be attending Windber Mini Bike Reunion? (Answer Honestly!)

• Yes!

Votes: 57 32.4%
  • No.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 33 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Windber

Great time on the weekend--definitely worth the 9.5 hour drive from Toronto. Met super people--great how this group are down to earth and helpful--no attitudes.Want to give a shout out to the young lady at the OldMiniBikes booth. I was there so many times I am sure she thinks we are related--very helpful. Got some great deals--loved the ride even if I couldn't take the Rat Trike because it was geared wrong--will fix that. Finally got a Little Indian--stopped at Harbor Freight in Buffalo to get a new engine--started the tear down today. My only question is where and when is the Fall meet? Thanks Jeff and everyone for a super time--cheers Bill.

Words cannot even begin to explain how bad I want that Gremlin go cart!!! Did you know that they were given to AMC dealerships that were top sellers as kind of an "Attaboy!" for doing such a good job. I worked with a lady years ago and her parents owned Villers AMC in Vienna WV and the had 3 go carts! Rupp even made different body's for them, Gremlin, Hornet, I think they even made some AMX body's for them also.
Oh what I would do for a Gremlin go cart! That was my first car, I could have picked the Gremlin or a 80 or so mercury Capri and I picked the Gremlin! I'm 34 now and have owned 5 Gremlins (one was a first year 70 car with the only year to have the 199 straight 6 and three on the tree) and 1 Hornet that was also a 70. I have a large part in my head of useless Gremlin knowledge, LOL!

Words cannot even begin to explain how bad I want that Gremlin go cart!!! Did you know that they were given to AMC dealerships that were top sellers as kind of an "Attaboy!" for doing such a good job. I worked with a lady years ago and her parents owned Villers AMC in Vienna WV and the had 3 go carts! Rupp even made different body's for them, Gremlin, Hornet, I think they even made some AMX body's for them also.
Oh what I would do for a Gremlin go cart! That was my first car, I could have picked the Gremlin or a 80 or so mercury Capri and I picked the Gremlin! I'm 34 now and have owned 5 Gremlins (one was a first year 70 car with the only year to have the 199 straight 6 and three on the tree) and 1 Hornet that was also a 70. I have a large part in my head of useless Gremlin knowledge, LOL!
I took a pic of that when Jeff got it about 3-4 years ago, I got excited when it came in to Windber on a trailer, I thought it was for sale but they where just delivering it. I've seen one other one, in Carlisle. It was purple.

Had a blast at Windber 2012

Look at the videos. Lots of non vintage there. I'm bringing some old and new. Because I am sure I will break more than one. I am already trying to figure out what tools and parts to bring.... Randy
Nice meeting you Saturday Randy. Thanks for the tips with my throttle return and especially letting me take your modded Warrior for a spin! Really smooth...
Thanks for introducing me to Peekster, Andy and Minibike Paul.
Glad you made it back to Natick ok!
OldMiniBikes Members are Great!

please tell wife thanks for me,i realy messed up this year,i realy feal bad
about it,i will see the main dr thursday am,hope to get a good report,
randy got me the prise when he was leaving,that was great,hope i have
better health so i can still get to a event this year sometime, old wayne.

rmm727

I attend to other events on Father's day weekend so I hadn't planned to attend. My buddy had a wedding to go to so we moved one event to Sunday and I then was able to drive down with my wife and kids on Saturday. I drove 2 hours and only stayed for about 45 mins but it was worth it. I made the trip to see if it would be worth it to skip one of my other events next year. Well, I think my mind is made up. I pulled in and me and my older son (2.5 years) went for a walk around all the different camps. It was good to see the bikes from the build off. I got a chance to talk to Rob and Ron, Square Chopper and his dad. Nice to put a face to a name and see some of these nice bikes in person. Will be there next year with some of my minis. Can't wait.

Windber minibike reunion - best vacation I've ever had !

Hello Folks,

This was our first time to attend the minibike reunion, and I hope it's the beginning of a long tradition for our family.

Over the years, we have been blessed with some beautiful vacations, and I'd say for me that this past weekend in Windber at the Mihalko's minibike reunion was the best vacation that I've ever had. Ever.

The people were smiling, gracious, friendly, helpful, and having fun. Minibikes everywhere you looked, more than you could ever imagine. So nice to be around a bunch of like minded folks.

I can't remember everyone's name, and will get better with repitition, but would like to say how much a pleasure it was to meet, and talk minibike with folks like Jeff, his dad Dave, SkinRipka and his friends, Bill from Coral Caverns and his troop, Packmule62, KustomKart, Guardrail Dave (even though i called you Paul the next day !), Bubba from Long Island, Ogy, EvilEd, Leon and Family (thanks for the good time my daughter had playing with you all's little girls-and for the good deal on the arctic cat 'trike' and parts), Manchester1, the folks from Niagra Falls, Big Rob, and Ron, Scott, Matt, Tanner and Denise and Family ( thanks for getting my wife and children a ride in to town so they could see the parade, and I could ride in it. My daughter had a blast playing with your daughters.), and all the other nice folks I spoke with.

Thanks to the guy who told me my tire was flat as i started to pull out for the ride in to town, and Skin and his young friend who helped me retrieve my valve stem that retreated in to the wheel, and the other folks that volunteered to help -and thank you God for me having a second minibike so i could make the parade ride !

Again, i can't say enough about the hospitality the Mihalko family provides. We drove 610 miles to get there, this being our first time, we did not know what to expect, and when I pulled up to check in with Jeff's Mom and Dad, I felt like we were family, being welcomed home ! A first class act for sure.

I can't wait till next year, and look forward to seeing everyone again !

Hello Folks,

This was our first time to attend the minibike reunion, and I hope it's the beginning of a long tradition for our family.

Over the years, we have been blessed with some beautiful vacations, and I'd say for me that this past weekend in Windber at the Mihalko's minibike reunion was the best vacation that I've ever had. Ever.

The people were smiling, gracious, friendly, helpful, and having fun. Minibikes everywhere you looked, more than you could ever imagine. So nice to be around a bunch of like minded folks.

I can't remember everyone's name, and will get better with repitition, but would like to say how much a pleasure it was to meet, and talk minibike with folks like Jeff, his dad Dave, SkinRipka and his friends, Bill from Coral Caverns and his troop, Packmule62, KustomKart, Guardrail Dave (even though i called you Paul the next day !), Bubba from Long Island, Ogy, EvilEd, Leon and Family (thanks for the good time my daughter had playing with you all's little girls-and for the good deal on the arctic cat 'trike' and parts), Manchester1, the folks from Niagra Falls, Big Rob, and Ron, Scott, Matt, Tanner and Denise and Family ( thanks for getting my wife and children a ride in to town so they could see the parade, and I could ride in it. My daughter had a blast playing with your daughters.), and all the other nice folks I spoke with.

Thanks to the guy who told me my tire was flat as i started to pull out for the ride in to town, and Skin and his young friend who helped me retrieve my valve stem that retreated in to the wheel, and the other folks that volunteered to help -and thank you God for me having a second minibike so i could make the parade ride !

Again, i can't say enough about the hospitality the Mihalko family provides. We drove 610 miles to get there, this being our first time, we did not know what to expect, and when I pulled up to check in with Jeff's Mom and Dad, I felt like we were family, being welcomed home ! A first class act for sure.

I can't wait till next year, and look forward to seeing everyone again !
That's great! Where you in the big motor home behind the concession stand?

Hello Randy,

Yes, that was us, right in the middle of the 'kids' track - what a spot, got to wake up to the sound of minibikes going everywhere !:thumbsup:

Hello Randy,

Yes, that was us, right in the middle of the 'kids' track - what a spot, got to wake up to the sound of minibikes going everywhere !:thumbsup:
I thought so, I was on your left side along the trees with peekster, kustom kart, gumpit and delray.:scooter: We where watching your girl on the trike. She started out pretty slow but then she slowly built up her speed over the next day? I think she belonged to you?:laugh:

If you rode with Leon I might have your pic?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.