Search results

1. legmann

what is rupparts web site.... nmsg

do they have a websit or is it ebay only
  2. legmann

how do i get this apart

14 inch speedway. I got jackshaft out with driven. I cant get bearing off jackshaft on driven side, and i cant for the life of me figure out how to get the driven off the jack shaft. im ready to start :hack::grind::weld:
  3. legmann

how do i know

how do i know if my comet drive is a tc 88 or 20 series. Im thinking its a tc 88 cause i just bought a three quarter inch comet belt and it is wider then the brass bushing. Shouldnt the belt be same width as brass bushing. When i put cover on driven and tighten it down, it grabs belt and wont...
  4. legmann

comet belt

Ok, i just got new belt for 20 series comet. Obviously the one i had was the wrong size. However, i got the 3/4 inch symetrical belt, and my question is... when i put it around driven ( which is 3/4 inch from inside pulley to inside pulley at top, The belt just barely fits in around...
  5. legmann

hey gto..

where are you buying comet belts for 19 dollars? I just paid 32 shipped. Sure would like to find a cheaper source. thanks
  6. legmann

driven on torque converter

am i supposed to lube any part of driven on series 20 comet. Im thinking maybe where the pulley opens or the spring on the jackshaft. Or do you just try to keep it all clean and degreased. thanks
  7. legmann

help with comet 20 series

HI guys, i have a comet 20 series which i need a new belt for. When i look at chart for determining right one, the shortest distance for center of driven to center of drive belt they have is 6 15/16-7 inches. Mine is 6 3/4 apart center to center. what should i do? thanks
  8. legmann

need a new 5 inch comet tav 20

its for a hs 40. thanks
  9. legmann

help with jack shaft removal on red baron

need to replace belt on speedway red baron. cant figure out how to drop jackshaft down. I removed bolt on oppisite side of driven on jackshaft and figured everything would drop. didnt happen. Im stuck. This:censure:ing thing is pissing me off. Thanks for any advice or help you guys have.
  10. legmann

good idea????

you might already be able to do this, but i dont know how........It would be neat if you could type in a state in this forum, and all members within that state would pop up on a list. Just a thought...
  11. legmann

1972 speedway blue angel

looking to sell. Pretty nice bike which runs great. Shows very well for its age. Located in detroit metro area. Looking for 700 obo. thanks for looking.
  12. legmann

help with carb adjust please

bike was running good, now all of a sudden with quick throttle she dies. if i throttle up slowly it runs fine. I have 2 adjustments on carb. One on bottom of bowl, which i think is for high speed tuning, and one on side of carb. Which one do i adjust to fix this problem, and which way do...
  13. legmann

plug type

which type of champion plug are you guys using in your stock tecumseh hs40 motors? thanks
  14. legmann

still looking

still looking for 3.50 x 14 street tires. Cant find them anywhere. any idears :freakout:
  15. legmann

storage

How are most of you guys long term storing your bikes? 5 months or so. Usually with my lawnmowing crap i add stabil and run them out of gas and spray fogging oil down the cylinder and into carb then i leave piston and top dead center. With these old mini bikes with metal gas tanks, would...
  16. legmann

dumb question

what is a flathead motor? what is the other kinds? sorry im a dumbass
  17. legmann

the hog

rode my first harley sportster today......... im hooked!!!!!!!!!:punk:
  18. legmann

powder coating in michigan

Im looking to get my speedway frame and gas tank glass beaded and powder coated. Anyone no roughly what this would cost and of a place that does it in the metro detroit area? thanks :drinkup:
  19. legmann

any idears

anyone what this is
  20. legmann

why cant i see these

how come when videos are posted in threads, all i get is a box outlined in red that cant be opened?????????????????????:drinkup::drinkup: