Search results

1. X

Honda 50 not running right

So this is my first Honda. I bought this for my son as I have always thought it would be a great starter bike. When it got it, it didn't run quite right. It smoked real bad. Long story short, I replaced with new parts the entire top end, piston & rings, and carb. I can get it to run, but it...
  2. X

Bird Terra Torque

Guys, I have finally decided to bite the bullet and part with this Bird Terra Torque. I like this bike because it is a real nice ride. Very comfortable to ride, seat is very comfy and it is sized quite well for an adult. It has an original 4HP Tecumseh and the original comet transmission on...
  3. X

Rupp sticker location

I am restoring a hustler and have a sticker set, but which sticker goes on the air filter housing and which one goes on the rear tube immediately behind the engine? I have two that make mention of not running this with the guard removed (one of which I know goes on the chaing guard). I have...
  4. X

HS40 ignition ?

So I have a HS40 with the coil under the flywheel. So how would I go about making sure the gap is appropriate between the magnet and the armature if it is underneath? This is the first engine I have worked on with the coil underneath the flywheel. I have mostly worked on briggs in the past...
  5. X

Rupp HS40 intake

Can anyone tell me whether the intake for a HS40 would have been painted black with the rest of the engine on a '72 Rupp? I see some where it is painted and others where it looks like it is left as bare metal. I am not going to paint the carb, but I am uncertain on the intake. Anyone know?
  6. X

CEV speedometer for sale

I have a brand new CEV speedometer for sale. I am not sure what this was for, but it is nice. $20 plus shipping. Pm me if interested. Paypal preferred, will take M.O.'s.
  7. X

Tilly HL292b

For sale I have a HL292B Tilly. I bought this a while ago and just never used it. I am not likely to use it at this point I think so I am selling. Everything is there and intact. These things are dense, very well built for sure. Ditch that bowl carb and get yourself one of these reliable...
  8. X

Chrome Rupp Black Widow Pipe

For sale I have a brand new reproduction chrome black widow pipe. Super nice, never mounted, chrome is still perfect. I think this is for the newer Tecumseh HS motors. I think these usually run $75 plus shipping typically. I am asking $50 plus shipping. I am in southern, WI, prefer paypal...
  9. X

Rupp items for sale

I have a few Rupp related items for sale. First is a headlight I pulled off an old Roadster 2. Never had the bike running so I do not know if the bulb works. I have the related wiring harness, but again, I am not certain of whether or not it works. It seems like it is mostly there, but not...
  10. X

Parting out Rupp Roadster 2

Hey everyone. So I avoided it as long as I could, but I have a complete Rupp Roadster 2 with a few new parts that I will be parting out. Here is the first installment of parts from this. Shocks - $10 Clutch cover bracket that attaches to engine (complete) - $15 Rear fender bracket with...
  11. X

Super Bronc VT-8 Restoration

I just received some parts back from the chrome shop. I am hoping to drop off the frame and some other parts for powdercoating. I will be going red with the main frame, can't decide if I should go with traditional white on the wheels, or black. Seeking input!
  12. X

Rupp Roadster 2 engine

Hi guys, I have an original Rupp Roadster 2 engine from a Roadster 2 that I am parting out. I had great hopes for this project, but I find myself in a position where if I want to finish anything I need to sell some things off. In the case of this bike, I am selling it to purchase my first...
  13. X

Two pairs of shocks

I have two pairs of shocks for sale. The first black pair still works great. Had them on a Bonanza before I replaced them with newer ones I had. The other shocks are free as well, but a little stronger. $10 plus shipping for each pair.
  14. X

Rupp stuff

Ok, so I have two front fenders for 10" wheel models. The one fender is unfortunately a little bent, but the chrome is in good shape on it if you can correct the bends. Just minor surface rust and dirt, the chrome will clean up well. $10 plus shipping. The other fender is straight and true...
  15. X

More wheels

So I have this set of split rim wheels, not sure what they are or where they came from, but they are in really good shape. 7" diameter, just under 4" wide. $15 plus shipping. Then I have this other wheel I had on a bonanza for a very short time, good shape, tire is in great shape, no...
  16. X

A few other parts

Ok, first I have a front fender to I don't know what. I am sure that someone knows what this is for. No dents or bends. $10 plus shipping. Next is a set of Fox tank decals. Perfect NOS condition, look best on a Street Scamp, Campus fx, or Trail Tramp. $15 shipped. Last is the...
  17. X

Before painting a block

Do you guys blast the bare block or just the outer tin parts? Wasn't sure if the blasting would affect the block like potentially having some left over in nooks or crannies. This is my first complete tear down and repaint and I am trying to figure out how I want to approach this, the block...
  18. X

OK motorcycle guys

So I have been looking to acquire my first motorcycle for some time now. I prefer a bike from the 70's and I would go so far as early 80's. My preference was originally for a small single cylinder thumper. I have come across a 1974 Yamaha RD200 Electric (2 stroke and 2 cylinders) for $900 and...
  19. X

HS40 rod removal

OK, now I am about to remove the rod and there are these small tabs pushing up against the rod bolts which I assume are to prevent them from moving. Do I just bend these away from the bolts to remove the bolts? Just don't want to break anything, first tecumseh teardown. Never seen these on...
  20. X

HS40 sidecover

Tearing down a HS40, cannot get the blasted sidecover off. It has popped loose from the case, but it is like it is stuck on the shaft, it won't slide off the shaft. Any tips? I have never had a problem pulling off a sidecover when working on briggs or OHV's, but this is the first tec...