Search results

1. T

Trying to get an old friend started

Afternoon Gentleman, it has been at least three years since I have ridden my 1969-ish Alexander Reynolds. It has a predator engine with the governor removed, new connecting rod springs aluminum fly wheel, Mikuni carburetor. last time I was on it there were no issues. Figured I try to get it...
  2. T

Doodle rat

Craigs list doodlebug . I really wanted suspension on this doodlebug. The seat was pretty much garbage. Trying to make it a more comfortable ride. When it came time for paint I was really attracted to the rat Rod brown. So this is my interpretation of a doodle rat mini. This is my second...
  3. T

Predator engine question

Does anybody know the threded tap holes on the predator engine right by the shaft , there are 4 of them ? Thanks in advance
  4. T

Shakey Front end

Trying to work the bugs out on my doodlebug project. At about 20 MPH she shakes a lot . I did some research on this site ,post from 2007/2009 came up. Talked about the spacer problem on front fork . I see that and will fix . It was also mentioned about possibly front tire being unbalanced...
  5. T

chain problems

Today was the maiden run for the doodlebug I've been working on most the winner. Things were going quite well until the chain fell off the sprocket. The splits sprocket on the doodlebug leaves no room for the chain when it falls off, which really shredded up the chain . Of course I spent...
  6. T

Kick start?

I have seen old kick start adds on this site , was wondering if there's on for a predator 212 ? They look so cool
  7. T

Hydraulic brakes

I purchased a new hydraulic brake system For my DB-30. This is my first experience with disc brakes . My other mini bike has a scrub. So I'm messing around with it today in the garage just to see that the fit was correct, I need to have the bike strip down for welding and painting . I noticed...
  8. T

DB 30 suspension

made a little progress this weekend on the seat bracket . Still need a little more welding for the back shocks . Seats being made this week.
  9. T

Custom seat guy?

I am looking for a seat guy for my new mini bike build . I have seen several posts in the past but can't find them now. I heard there's a really good guy in my area but don't know his name . If anybody could help that would be greatly appreciated thanks
  10. T

I have too many photos ?

How do I delete photos? I wanted to upload new ones. The blue line is full.
  11. T

Doodle bug donkey punch

I'm working on my second minibike build. Thought I had the engine already to go. Temp Up a gas tank put on some to safety glasses a pair of gloves and set up a fire extinguisher, Just in case. Pulling the cord I noticed it was a little springy not easy ..... But then it started !!!!!! An...
  12. T

Is it ok to talk about Sno runners

Winter is right around the corner
  13. T

Problem with my cam

I am building up a new predator engine. This will be my second one. The first one I did was a non-hemi and I kept the stock cam . I was very happy with the way this turned out. So here I am doing my second build and I'm using a hemi model. I removed the governor and all associated parts...
  14. T

Great day to ride a minibike

Today I took a drive out to where I keep my minibike and came across this rock in the woods . I have been told there used to be an old fishing cabin back there and the gravesite is probably a dog . just a great day to get outside and cruise the woods .
  15. T

Winter storage ?

Well it looks like winter is fast approaching and I don't want my minibike to go to hell over the icy months . In the past I've never done anything for my lawnmower other then run the gas out. But my lawnmower is not a high-performance minibike that I love dearly . I was looking for...
  16. T

Predator hemi valve springs ?

I'm upgrading my harbor freight predator hemi . I am not clear on which valve springs I should be using ? Does anybody have a part number off of the OldMiniBikes website ? Some of the ones I have seen said non-hemi . On my original predator build up our used 18lb valve springs, somebody said I need 26...
  17. T

Predator Hemi ?

What are the pros and cons from a predator 212 compared to the hemi model ?
  18. T

Fourth of July and minibike

When the Pirates came over on the dinosaurs they had one thought in mind to get the mini bikes away from the Indians . Today we can celebrate the Fourth of July and freedom with our minibikes !!!!! God bless America !!!!!
  19. T

Dead in the water ?

I took my minibike out to our cottage and rode it pretty hard. The end result unfortunately was a broken chain. I didn't bring any master links with me .my question is would I be able to go and buy a bicycle chain and use the master link on #35 chain just to get me by ?
  20. T

It's finally finished!!!!!!

I first minibike build is finally complete. And I would like to thank the members for all their help.