Search results

1. CJdoodlebug90

Baja warrior FRAME BRACING

[I]I have a army green version of the baja warrior that i am turning into a quick little street cruiser. It has a mildly built 212cc with a tav. I can tell that frame is bending under torque and the i weigh 215lbs so thats more stress. I want to know where are good places to put gussets and...
  2. CJdoodlebug90

Stroker crank... .060 or .175????

so im looking for a little bit more power(torque) out of my motor. Is it worth it getting a .060 stroker crank? It only turns a 212cc into a 218. Or should i go with a .175 or will that be too much? And how exactly do you balance a stroker crank??? Engine has high lift cam and big race...
  3. CJdoodlebug90

Fuel pump ran off catch can?

I installed a fuel pump on my drag motor and I ran pulse side of the pump to the catch can breather ( where the filter would go). Started it up and it seems to be getting too much fuel. Should I tee off valve cover pulse line and put beather filter back on?
  4. CJdoodlebug90

Tav2 gear ratio...top speed

Ok so i have a drag mini bike...15hp with a tav2 12t. After install i know i need stiffer springs all around. I still have stock doodlebug rear sprocket (70t). To get more top speed would i go up in rear sprocket size or down? I plan on running bike in the 1/8 and before i installed tav2 i...
  5. CJdoodlebug90

40 series torque converter on a tav2 mounting plate????????

I have a 212 with around 15hp and im going to run a 40 series torque converter setup but... They dont come with a mounting plate, they run by jackshaft. Would it be possible to mount 40 series on a tav2 plate or is there a reason the dont come with one? Or.. Could i modify a tav2 to hold up...
  6. CJdoodlebug90

Hemi head on a non hemi?

Is it possible to put a hemi head on a old style tin cover 212cc? If so what mods have to be done to the head for fitment?
  7. CJdoodlebug90

2* timing key with billet flywheel

My 212cc is making around 16hp and i know the billet flywheel has 8 degrees built in. Would it help or hurt my performance if i put a 2 degree timing ket in? That would make it 10 degrees advanced. Would i lose low end?
  8. CJdoodlebug90

Mikuni carb pilot and main jet adjustment

Ok so i have a mild built 212cc. Installed a 26mm mikuni with 130 main jet and 12.5 pilot. Ive kind of been going in circles with trying to tune it. What is a good needle setting and mixture screw setting to start with? Ive got it to run decent but it boggs after free rev and sonetimes backfires...
  9. CJdoodlebug90

26mm mikuni help

Ok so I had a inyake made for my mikuni and found out engine port on the intake flange bolt holes were too big.so I modified it to work. Hooked it up and found out I had a gas leak so I doubled up the gaskets and that solved it. I got it to idle and free rec good but when I sit on it and give it...
  10. CJdoodlebug90

Gear ratio for 1/8 drag?

I estimate im making around 11hp..I know thats not alot but its just a start. Right now I have a 15 tooth clutch with a 70 tooth sprocket. What rear sprocket would give me max top speed in 1/8 mile? My weight is 215lbs
  11. CJdoodlebug90

212cc preadator knock

I have a non hemi that has developed some type of knock. Before the knock i had a hard time setting valve lash, but eventually got it. Went out and did a full pass to test it out and came back with a slight knock. took the head and pull start off and turned engine over slowly by hand and it...
  12. CJdoodlebug90

Gx160 valve cover clearance

I have a gc160 head that has 1.3 rockers and 26lbs sorings, I think rockers are hitting valve cover. I dont have enough space to put a spacer so. Can I remove the baffle inside? If so how can I make sure oil doesnt leak out breather hole?
  13. CJdoodlebug90

How Much Horsepower? Gear ratio?

I have a 212cc non hemi and I want to know how much hp im making. And once I know how much hp im making I need suggestions on 1/8 gear ratio (clutch to sprocket) Currently have 12t clutch 70t sprocket Dyno cams - mod2 18lbs springs (26lbs on the way) E tube and .32 jet 2 degree timing key...
  14. CJdoodlebug90

Help!!!!!!!1.3 rockers - 212cc -gx160 head!!!!!!!

I bought a gx160 head and installed it on my 212cc. Now it has a lot of rocker noise...ive lashed valves like 3 times already(just past tdc). Should I go up on octane gas am I nit doing something right?
  15. CJdoodlebug90

1.3 ro ker arms wuth stock guide plate??????

Bought 1.3 rockers and didnt get plate for it cuz affordablegokarts said you could modify stock plate....... what is the mod I have to do?..... Cut out the slots where rods go? Idk
  16. CJdoodlebug90

!!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!3hp briggs vertical shaft converted into horizontal

I converted a vertical 3h briggs to a horizontal shaft(my first time), someone told me the I needed to plug a oil drain back plug inside the engine. I looked for it but couldnt seem to find it. CAN SOMEONE SHOW ME A PIC OF WHERE IT IS AT OR DESCRIBE LOCATION.
  17. CJdoodlebug90

Jackshaft questions

Ok i have a modded preadator on a mtd trail flite...which is somewhat like a rupp. Mini bike has a jackshaft setup and when i got bike i had to restore it so didnt know the exact gear ratio. So...the ratio i have now is: 12th clutch, 14th jackshaft to 10th, and 60th rear sprocket. When im...
  18. CJdoodlebug90

----preadator non hemi connecting rod------

What site has the cheapest connecting rods for 212cc? And does it matter how long the rod is? And whats the effects off a longer rod and will i have to do any machining?
  19. CJdoodlebug90

------212cc mod questions------

I have some questions about some mods to a non hemi that i have been thinking about. First, would porting intake and carb do any good? Second, is there a different head you can put on a non hemi to increase combustion? And third, what are your thoughts about putting a 49cc nos kit on a non...
  20. CJdoodlebug90

Searching 4 races north alabama

IM LOOKING FOR A MINI BIKE GROUP, DRAGS OR OVAL TRACK FOR MINI BIKES. I SEEN SOMETHING ON ABOUT LOXLEY , AL BUT THATS WWAAAYYY DOWN BY MOBILE. IF ANDBODY KNOWS A TRACK OR EVEN PEOPLE CLOSE TO NORTH AL (HUNTSVILLE) THAT RACE LET ME KNOW. SOLO RIDES GETTING KIND OF LONLEY lmao LOL :scooter: