Search results

1. R

Need Help Reconnecting Governor Coleman CT200-EX

I just bought one of the new Coleman CT-200EX's off of Craigslist. The previous owner had done the governor bypass where the rod that connects the throttle plate to the governor lever under the gas tank was connected directly to the bell crank that rotates when you twist the throttle handle. I...
  2. R

Massimo MB200 or Coleman CT200U-EX?

I sold my Coleman CT200 earlier this year. With the straight frame and no suspension it beat me up pretty good when not on pavement. I'm now looking at a Massimo MB200 or a Coleman CT200U-EX. Both have front suspension, a headlight and a fake gas tank which would be a great place to carry...
  3. R

Need Help Identifying a Bike

Can anyone tell me what this is. Its available locally. Thanks
  4. R

Best Inexpensive Carb for H35?

I just picked up a Murray Track 2 built 2001 or so. It looks like new. The person I got it from said he and his 13 year old son had rebuilt the carb recently because it had been sitting. It would only idle for me with the idle turned up and was surging a bit as accelerating and at top rpm till...
  5. R

New to Me Murray Track 2 Questions

I picked up an almost like new Murray Track 2 today. Paint tires etc. are excellent. It shows a manufacturing date of 01043 and the tires are stamped 0048. This makes the tires the 48th week of 2000 and the bike 43rd week of 2001? The Tecumseh is an H35 45776Y. So far I've increased the idle...
  6. R

What is a "Supreme" Coleman CT200?

And why is it worth $5000? These are showing up on Ebay as a preorder. Picture looks like a standard 200.
  7. R

WTS Bonanza MB 1210 $295

This is a very nice Bonanza MB 1210. Needs nothing to ride. Tires, seat and grips are original. Engine is a Briggs 2 hp. I replaced the spark plug, engine oil, air filter element, throttle cable and brake lever and cable. Also added a clutch cover that can be easily removed. I have the...
  8. R

Cheapie Homemade Kickstand-Part 2

My kickstand, mentioned in a previous thread, has been working well with one problem. Because there is no stop it can rotate 90 degrees in either direction. It's a flat piece of metal so it's relatively stable but if you bump the bike from either end the kickstand folds up and the bike falls...
  9. R

Throttle Return Spring Question...Briggs 2hp

Here is a photo of my Briggs 2hp that came on my Bonanza. It is a 1987 motor, model 60102. It arrived with the big return spring coming off a head bolt, obviously wrong. What is the correct set up for the return spring? It looks like there could have been a spring that wraps around the...
  10. R

Can I Cut a Brake Cable to Length?

I'm going to replace my brake lever and cable assembly. I need a cable housing about 50" long. All I'm finding are longer, with each end having metal cap. Can I cut off the end down at the wheel to the length I need ? It looks like it goes into a socket and would be immobilized and covered.
  11. R

Cheapie Homemade Kickstand

I didn't want to put a $50 vintage kickstand on a $125 bike, that math doesn't work. I used an old piece of bar stock and a few bolts to make this. I need a friction washer but could only find this rubber one, which will work short term to hold it up.
  12. R

Coleman 200 Seat Suspension...Installed

I put this together about a month ago. Works well, especially off road in bumpy areas...Replaced original base with 3/4" plywood, bolted 2 valve springs to it with fender washers and lock nuts on the back side, bent a right angle in a 6" T hinge for the front and added a piece of 1/2" plywood...
  13. R

What Did I Just Buy?

Picked this up today. Owner says he's had it since 1985 and it was gold when he bought it used. The engine numbers are Model 60102 Type 1300-01 and Code 87052003. If this is a 2003 engine it must be a replacement? Any idea where I can get a kickstand and chain cover? Thanks in advance for The...
  14. R

Dampen Engine Vibration CT200?

Really enjoying my Coleman CT200. I have about 500 acres of woods and groves behind me that I ride in...When my bike is warmed up the engine vibration at idle when stopped is pretty bad. Like the whole bike heavily vibrating to the top of the handlebars. I'm thinking of putting a high density...
  15. R

Coleman Clutch Issue

I have about a half dozen rides and a couple hours on my new CT200. When I started it today the clutch is grapping at idle and making a racket. A quick twist and release of the throttle made it stop. It happened numerous times during a 20 minute ride. Will oiling it, as per the instructions...