71 arctic cat restoration

this project started by saving it from the scrap iron pile
this was the starting point,new motor plate cut out and welded in.
after the frame/bodywork done it got a nice new black paint job(urethane)hardened so it should take some abuse.then came the reassembly
jack shaft,rear swing arm inplace. then it was time for rebuilding the hs40
.now it was the time to mount the motor on to the frame
.the motor was fired up on the stand before mounting it to the frame ,that way the mess from the gas and changing of the oil was not all over the frame,plus Ididn't have to worry about scratching it. made the repro exhaust out of stainless
this pipe does not have the spark arrester in it,basic megaphone style sound. got the chrome back
now its time for reassembly of the shocks
,then the triple tree and forks get put together
this is as far as i have got with it for now.have more to updte in a couple weeks

the climber,whisker,screamer, prowler and the ssscat all came with the 6" wheels. the ramrod had 10". I have a desent set of 6" with okay trials tires on them but sure would like to find a set of n.o.s. trials 14 x 6 tires:shrug:

more to add to this restoration project,after reassembling the shocks
they got put on,then after the triple tree was put together it got installed
along with all the extras,handle bars,brake levers,kill switch and throttle and grip. blasted the rims in the sand blaster with aluminum oxide and clear coated the rims,this was all done while waiting for the chrome to come back. had the rims and tires assembiled and put spacer and sprocket on then the brake assembly then I had to remember what spacer went were:doah:
got that done put the front one together and forgot to take a picture at that time but just had to roll it out side to take some roller pics
then it was over , more to come when the tank gets painted(this saturday) and the seat redone?:shrug:more to come when finally complete in acouple weeks

another up date on the restoration -got the gas tank painted and new decals on .tank in primer
base coat gold (4 coats)
then color coat organic green(5 coats) this is a kandy color paint with 3 coats of clear on top,then wetsanded and buffed out
then it came time for the decals to be put on
. had no luck finding a nos gas cap so I made my own,this one has red lettering,will be making one with black lettering soon,
. hopefully I will have the seat made soon and brake cables on soon. more to come when completed

Well here is the finished project
took it out for a run down the driveway afew times then down around the pond and up the hill,going to have to fine tune the spring placement on govenor,not set quite right yet.Sure was fun riding it for the first time,felt like a kid again in a candy store. Thanks everyone for all the great compliments and thumbs-up's.My next project is a VT-7 and VT-2C,thanks agian Rick:scooter: