Antique style Tractor

Got the tractor all done and it works great! The color isnt quite what i was going for but i didnt feel like dealing with that anymore so i went with it and it looks good enough. I put the mower deck on it today and it works great too. I did have a problem with the clutch belt at first it wasnt releasing very well and grabbing. I knew it was going to do that too. But after running it a while the belt and pulleys wore in and got better. That was the only problem It had. The gear ratio is kinda slow It can definatly use a smaller sprocket maybe ill do that in the winter. I didnt test the snowblower yet ill save that for winter too. Im also working on making the steel wheels for it. I built a roller to make the hoops. Lots of fun to drive this thing around. Im happy it works so well. One pull start and off you go.

Thanks It does do pretty good wheelies I found out lol but its a little scary to be fooling around like that with the blade going all the time. I already decapitated a mouse with it

Im at a loss for words Brian!! Is there anything you cant build? If you said you were building a space shuttle and going to the moon I would ask for you to post picts or a video not because I doubt you could do it but because I would want to see it when you get there!!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Haha yeah my neighbor says me and my brother are like the Wright brothers. Hmmm.. a space shuttle ey. My brother has already built a bunch of pulse jet engines and he is great at electonics. But we try to keep it on solid ground and avoid playing in the air and water. Plus everything I make is solid steel so it would never fly lol

It was a rainy day so I got the axle sprocket changed out its much better now. also working on the steel wheels for it but iv got to get more metal for the spolkes

Looks like a factory built lawn tractor, all your stuff looks like that though regardless of what it is. You sir are a true master craftsman, Hent's comparison to Mark AKA Yellowhand was spot on and you had to know what a fantastic compliment that was. I'm a cobbler and do the best I can, I hope someday to have the drive and work ethic I once did so I can cobble together something. I have wanted to make a powered wheelbarrow, I'm going to use an enclosed chain drive system from a tiller so I can clock it as low as possible and use the tine hubs to mount my wheels on. I'll need a brake so I thought clutch brake on the predator, should work great if I can ever get started on it. My goal is to walk a heavy load up a ramp effortlessly and then dump it and go get more material.

Last edited:
Thanks Outlaw I certainly do appreciate the comments and high praise. I dont know if id keep building stuff if nobody cared or got inspired by it. I got those steel wheels all done and they work and look great. I already took the mower deck off and ill have to switch back to the rubber wheels soon for winter and soon ill fit the snow blower on it and we'll see how that works. I might make a plow for it instead of the blower if I get boored.
https://www.youtube.com/user/jeep2003

Last edited:
I dont know if id keep building stuff if nobody cared or got inspired by it.
I have been a member of another website for over 25 years, with folks from all over the world, and I have shared several of your photos with them. Several positive comments from them on your builds.

Keep posting. Silence does not mean no one cares, it means people respect your builds enough to keep their bullshit out of them, or are so intimidated by your skills, they cant bring themselves to acknowledge them.

Yeah its quite bumpy with the steel wheels through the woods with all the rocks and roots but the seat is quite springy so its not bad on the back at all which is nice.