Arctic Cat Screamer Restored

Selling my over restored Screamer. Has more NOS parts than restored parts. I have well over $4000 into it, believe it or not. Has these NOS parts: Fuel tank, gas cap, petcock, seat, West Bend 820 motor (hard to find the correct left hand rotation NOS motor), drive and driven clutches (Hard to find the correct high RPM clutches), fenders, fender stay, sprockets (hard to find the correct 54 tooth rear), bearings and retainers, grips, kickstand, drive belt, brake drums and backing plates, pegs, jackshaft assembly, clutch cover, wheel spacers, etc, etc, etc. It also has new stickers, including the fender stripes, ID sticker with the correct original serial number on it, and the frame stripe. I haven't installed the stickers and thought I'd leave that to the new owner. The paint was professionally sprayed with high quality auto paint, but needs a little touch up from assembly. All the chrome was redone, but the bars and bar clamps have pits and should be redone for a show quality bike. The entire bike was sandblasted before paint, and was primed with acid etching primer. Rear sprocket was chromed. Buying the parts and finishing this has been a four plus year project. $3000, which is cheap for a bike that had a super high quality restoration and mostly NOS parts. Only 580 Screamers were ever made, so it's the rarest A/C ever made. These were race only bikes to compete with the Black Widow and Speedways, but they were way faster and quicker than those bikes. Needs a few more parts to complete, like brake cables, correct levers, and that's about it.

Look at my photos, or PM me for high definition pics. Will ship anywhere for a very low price.

I have had the pleasure of taken a ride on one of these and I can tell you, they could not have come up with a more appropriate name for this model. If you like being known for being one of the quickest, this bike would be the one for you. Someone needs to buy it and go hunting Yellow Jackets to squish!

99% of Screamer owners use these to squish Black Widows, but they work just as good to squish yellow jackets. Where and when did you ride one, Casey?

Thanks ssscat!

99% of Screamer owners use these to squish Black Widows, but they work just as good to squish yellow jackets. Where and when did you ride one, Casey?

Thanks ssscat!
We have a large swap meet and car show in Texas called PATE. A gentleman had a Screamer there once and let me take it for a spin before the parking lot started getting full. It was built right and pulled hard at high rpm. Alot of power for a mini bike. In return, he jumped on my Tony Kart / Vortex I had at the time.

Hey Jeff, I wouldn't be selling this if I wasn't moving to Texas. It's a project that got out of control when I started finding NOS parts. I originally wanted to build this to ride, but when I bought the NOS tank and motor, that idea went away. This is my second one and I still want to ride just one of them, dammit! Apparently there are free Screamer rides in Texas, so I better find this PATE car show to do that. Do you need a Screamer pit bike?

It will squish that, no problem. I have wondered how it would do against a Blockzilla Drag bike. I bet the Blockzilla would take it off the line, and the Screamer would walk away from it, when it got to about 20 or 30 mph. I have several built Raptor motors, and it's not even close to a stock 820, especially when it has a torque converter style clutch. The Yellow jacket is probably a lot heavier too.

I was wondering what you were talking about when you said Yellow Jacket, but I figured it was a mini that I didn't know about.

I see you decided on evilbay,how come you didn't put a reserve on it:shrug:Sure hope it goes high in price and I'm sure you do too. That has to be one of the nicest ones around,good luck.

I see you decided on evilbay,how come you didn't put a reserve on it:shrug:Sure hope it goes high in price and I'm sure you do too. That has to be one of the nicest ones around,good luck.
Dont be so moddest Rick. I know your A/C is gonna be sweet too :thumbsup:

This thing will do quite well on Ebay I'm sure. They have a big following amongst collectors.

Thanks for the compliments. I didn't put a reserve on it, because it seems like no one bids when there is a reserve. It's off to a good start though. I never had any offers on it, so I figured that what I thought it was worth, and what other people think it's worth, are two different numbers. I suppose we will see what happens.

Bought another Screamer project, and this time, I'll build it to ride, and probably build a hot rod kart motor for it. I have too many projects, so I decided to eBay this one to finish something else.

Congratulations on the eBay sale. I know it was short of what you were asking, but I'm glad you got somewhat of a return on it. I hope to see your new project on here soon. I bet you don't lose that perfectionist quality so fast though.

Thanks Casey. It's headed to Pennsylvania, and the guy already paid me. The next one is going to be a screamer of a Screamer. Kart motor with dual carbs, porting, and high compression. Maybe an electronic ignition, if I can get some feedback as to if they are a good idea or not.

I could have made more money if i parted it out, but I feel better about it staying in one piece. Put a lot of heart into it. I'd rather take a loss than part it. Maybe I get too attached.

Got lots of other toy projects going on. '74 CR250 Elsinore Honda is next. The new Screamer will be an ongoing project and I'll work on it with my other projects.

The Elsinore is my second one. The first one won the regional championship in 250 vintage expert class two years in a row. I think this one will be better, but we'll see. I can't afford to keep both, so one will have to be sold. Wish I could keep all the toys..... The first one gave me 12 stitches, so I'd rather sell it, cause it pissed me off.

Good thing I'm single, but then again, no woman in her right mind would put up with me and my loud and stinky toys. I'm girl repellent.