Baja mb200 - new header hits frame - can I bend it?

Hi, got a Baja MB200 from tractor supply. Got a performance kit from hotrodminibike.

The header is rubbing the frame. They should have had the header bend a little farther out...like even 1/4" would be fine.

As it is, I can't tighten both nuts on exhaust flange down onto the engine head.

Did I get the wrong header? Can I take a propane torch to heat up header and bend it a little so it all fits?

Really disappointed because it's so close but not going to fit.

Hello tooter,

I had the same problem with a header I bought from a company called Robertson's Torque Tubes. Anyways the pipe wouldent fit. So I put the pipe on the engine (the engine was off the frame) and I heated it with a blowtorch until it was red hot. I did this in the night to see better. And get something for leverage. I used a metal pipe, also you will need two or three people one to hold the torch, one to hold the engine, and one to bend the pipe. I once it gets hot get your pipe or something for leverage and then Insert it into the exhaust pipe about 1-3inches. Then start to bend/push you will see the pipe bend you may use a bit of strength to bend it. Watch as it bends to make sure the pipe doesn't kink. And when using the blow torch go back in forth a bit so you cover a bit more area also helping prevent kniking. This is what I did to fix mine and it worked great. As long as you use your judgment on how far you bend it and get it red hot you will be fine. I hope this helps.

Best to take it off and to a vise for heating and bending, they are generally forgiving if you don't heat too much or too many times but it does need to be pretty hot to bend right. Doing it on the engine could snap off the studs or the aluminum port on the block but the choice is yours on how you do it. Good luck.