baja warriorbelt setup help

so i just got this baha warrior, and was told its 100% factory, aside from missing things..

should the belt pulleys be this far out of alignment?

when u give it gas it clunks and pops as the belt tries to catch.

there is no sideways adjust for the engine, just forewards and backwards.

joekd

Factory has a jackshaft setup so you will have the centri clutch connected by a short length of chain to the rear shaft

Triple check the front pulley (driver) and make sure it isn't loose. On both my TAV30 setups the keyed shaft wasn't long enough to go to the end of the TAV so I filled in with a small piece of keyed stock, if that isn't there and the bolt is loose at all it will allow the end to move

That being said the TAV30 on mine do line up perfectly, not at all like your pic

jrzmac

not only is it not level, but the belt's too small also! it shouldn't be that far down into the driven. your gonna have to try and get the driven part in towards the frame more, or shim the clutch part out a little to level it out with a couple 3/4" washers from home depot. as far as the belt, you'll have to measure the from one center to another on the tav.

well if i move the driver out at all to get it *lined up* i have barely any shaft left to run the rest on, and i dont think thats safe.

and the rear part for the jackshaft has no adjustability to it at all. there is no play or movement in either

buckeye

Mine came stock as a jackshaft set up No TAV. Sorry went back and reread above posts. Daaah

Last edited:
It looks like there is a good 1/4" gap between your rear "driven" pulley and the motor, that would go a way toward getting you aligned, also, I think you will need to bring the drive clutch out more by using a spacer between the motor and the clutch, and use a filler at the end, as has been suggested, I had to do this on a Tote Gote once, it worked great.

my only thing is, if i move the the rear pulley, the chain will then be out of alignment with the rear sprocket, and i dont see anyway to adjust the sprocket on the rear tire.

joekd

Looks like a yerf style setup since you don't have a backing plate

Can you remove the large spacer on the driven (rear) so that it is in better alignment and replace with a smaller piece?

If need be I can take pics later of my 6.5 with the same yerf TAV30 setup, my warrior however has a backing plate so it will be different

joekd

Here's some pics of the yerf setup. Dirty from the ride we took the other day but still gives you an idea how the parts should be sitting.

hmm. yeah im thinking my shaft is too short. im just not gonna mess with it for now. i plan on putting a bigger motor in it over winter, so im just gonna tinker with it all then. i appreciate the pictures!

joekd

You could try a longer grade 8 bolt for now, not the best fix but as long as it holds the end piece on the driver solid it will work fine

the spacing there is to keep the chain aligned with the sprocket on the rear wheel. if i were to move the rear driven, it would throw alignment of the chain off, and the chain would rub on the gear itself, and on the tire.