Best carb for a mod predator 212cc

Dover and NR racing sells them S/A extreme, or Dovers S/A... BM Karting sells their S/A .650 for a good price also.

I bored a few out to .670-.690 have to be very carful doing this so you do not break through.
Adjust the jets and maybe 2 of the four tiny little holes behind the welch plug.

You can use a simple ball hone to get them to .650 pretty easy. And adjust your jets...

I bought a stock bored carb from BMI and it runs well right out of the box. It looks like they also bored the stock jet to .067/.068 hard to say just eyeballing to one of my other jets. It doesn't have the 140 etube, it has a stock etube.

I think if you can get a decent little carb like the PZ22 adjusted correctly that's really all most folks need.

Get them off Chinese 125cc bikes.
Uses the same jet kit as the Briggs animal so parts are easy.

I march to a different tune.

I think if you can get a decent little carb like the PZ22 adjusted correctly that's really all most folks need.

Get them off Chinese 125cc bikes.
Uses the same jet kit as the Briggs animal so parts are easy.

I march to a different tune.

i just shipped a motor and one of those carbs (pz22) off today... the briggs ran very well with it...

that's sweet wonder how hard they are to install in get it tuned just right
The American made OEM Tecumseh series 3 carbs are crap.
The Chinese after market ones are much better cast and machined.

Once you figure out what the issues are and make some adjustments to the low speed circuit these actually work pretty good and tune very easy.
You don't need the choke so remove that and use the primer to start it.

It bolts up to a Tillotson intake and uses the same filter adaptor kit.

Use some tractor pulling carb tricks like a float spring and a little epoxy to smooth things out inside and its a surprisingly responsive and easy to tune general purpose solution.

It suffers from a couple of problems.
It's hard to make a linkage for, and the throttle response is a little lacking compared to a dedicated race carb.
But I have made 6 of these now each a slight improvement on the last.
I am still working on an accelerator pump for it to try and cure the lag when you slam the throttle wide open on it.

I have yet to try out this last one.

This is a generation 5 carb.
I think its pretty good as is, but I built another that would flow more.
Its a general purpose carb for a general purpose solution.
Its about on par with GX390 carb, a little better throttle response from it and real good low speed performance.
if you watch real close you can see it gets away from Matthew here when he is a little too quick on the throttle at :04.
He may look like a big goofy kid, but he can ride ( well enough I considered having him race this bike at the king of pain )
But otherwise its very well behaved combination that you can ride all day.
I guess my point is if you put your mind too it you can adapt a lot of different carbs.
Question is can you tune?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DumTKYt5d6o&list=UUYOkJf0MwNLWnL6CeCQLqYA&feature=c4-overview

Last edited:
that fi system wont work on the predator will it.says is for gy6 motors
i am willing to get into it and take a chance that it may not work out for me... turbo included...

but to answer your question, it will work on the predator, or whatever you adapt it to fit onto...

Our Small Engine EFI Conversion kit also supports a Turbo charger. Compared to our NA (natural-aspirated) version, this kit just needs to change to a 2.5bar MAP sensor and a bigger injector. Same as the NA kit, it has some self-tuning capability by running close-loop fuel with an O2 sensor. Our ECU has sophisticated self-learning software which can automatically tune itself to run in stoicometric AFR (14.7) in variant operating conditions. And this kit can be used to convert single cylinder small engines with 125cc to 600cc range displacements.

Seems like itll b cool, couldnt find where it got its power source from the turbo kit says needs 12v with charging system. Idk i wanna buy it i got the money b awesome in a crap ton of horse power . Its just trying to get it to work in see if i would have to have a battery for efi non turbo system cant see where it says it gets its power source ill buy if ur going to buy it atleast someone with the same set up can get it going good. I love the idea of the 34 mm throttle body thats alot of air i dont know just alot of wires in computerization there for my ole head to handle b great tho thats forsure

Ya that is a good carb

304WX I think is the one you want.
Make sure its drill pattern is for a clone.

Listen!

You need to research this carefuly.
And you need to understand the nature of this type of carb.

It races!
It does not go put put put down street.
If you are not going to spend most of your time with the throttle between 1/2 and wide and are not going to keep the rpm above 3500 to the peak of the power curve then this is probably not a wise choice.

These carbs do not idle.

I want something that is going to breath in have very good take off an top end, an idle good. so I guess the minuki is the best choice 22mm
That or PZ22 off an animal.

I am not trying to sell you anything and have nothing to gain or loose by your achievements or failures.

But I'm telling you.
This works.
Tech series 3 off the OHV 11hp engines.

Use a Tillotson intake manifold from ARC and the velocity stack from one of the older tillies ( or make you own from a piece of phenolic )

This is cheap and it works.
Look careful at the linkage that is the hard part ( rod is a clone part cut to fit the series 3 ).

If you are handy, can weld, cut and have all these things close at hand give it a try.
Make it all from scratch...
What have you to loose?

Its no better or worse than the 390 carb conversion a lot of folks really like, but it has the advantage of not needing a choke and you turn screws to tune it.

Last edited: