Best carb for a mod predator 212cc

ok mikuni it is order it tomorrow what jet for the low speed and what jet for the high speed ??? what good adjustments do these carbs have?
Before you spend money think about this.
Your using a Utility engine right?
Don;t turn you nose up at a Utility carb.

Arc does not make this because they like to fleece people.
6878 ARC Carb. Adapter GX390 to GX200
DJ-3225 Carburetor, Honda GX390 HP

It also helps to have a big valve head to take full advantage of the carb.

NR racing sells an adjustable high side jet for easier tuning.

Ask around a few people around here prefer this carb because it is simple robust and once in tune stays there....

My single biggest beef with the PZ22 for example is it seems you need to constantly tinker with the and it spills fuel when the float needs tinkering.

Once the float is set on the PZ22, I never had any further issues. I think it is safe to say that the single biggest issue is the float; but once it is set, all other tuning is fairly straight forward. My friends and I rode around in temperatures ranging from roughly 60-90, and the only tuning necessary was (if needed) with the idle air screw; once the propper jets were installed.

I never gave the stock carb on that Subaru a chance; but seeings that th stock carbs are still used in the racing classes; and all the builders spending time modding them; there has got to be something good going on there.

Once the float is set on the PZ22, I never had any further issues. I think it is safe to say that the single biggest issue is the float; but once it is set, all other tuning is fairly straight forward. My friends and I rode around in temperatures ranging from roughly 60-90, and the only tuning necessary was (if needed) with the idle air screw; once the propper jets were installed.

I never gave the stock carb on that Subaru a chance; but seeings that th stock carbs are still used in the racing classes; and all the builders spending time modding them; there has got to be something good going on there.
Chinese carb or Animal ( well both Chinese but one is more expensive and probably better )?

Ole, is there a 22mm carb available with jets? I need one for a mild flathead build; and I'm afraid the 26mm may be a bit too large.

I tried to run the bigger Briggs WF carb on that same Subaru, and played hell trying to tune it. I never could get it to run right. Swapped it out for an Animal, and it was smooth sailing from there until I sold it.

It is not really a 26mm carb, the end of the carb is 25.5MM round. internally the slide opening is a oval narrow and tall. The actual effective size is around 22mm. In addition the small width and tall oval opening gives you finer granularity to opening the throttle. I have them on most of my bikes including a HS50 that runs just fine with it. `The cold start feature is nice for easy starting although sometimes if you do not have slide set low enough it can raise RPM to where TC or Clutch engages when you start it.

I think after deciding im going with the .650 carb on arc ,in running methanol for my fuel. Newoldstock do they make the gx390 carb for methanol? in i cant find that adjustable jet you were talking about for the gx390..could u add the link to it on your post newoldstock?

I think after deciding im going with the .650 carb on arc ,in running methanol for my fuel. Newoldstock do they make the gx390 carb for methanol? in i cant find that adjustable jet you were talking about for the gx390..could u add the link to it on your post newoldstock?
I think NR racing

i have a honda gx390 carb, with an adjustable jet and will be trying out one made by Astrowrench here shortly... will post some pics when it arrives...

Adjustable jet kits for all clones will be available very soon...........Dave:smile:
They are already everywhere.

(THE ORIGINAL) ADJUSTABLE MAIN JET| Recreational Motorsports

Carburetor, GX390 Kit Methenol Adjustable Jet [NR-NR390KITAJ - ALKY] - $218.96 : KART WORKS CANADA Online Store, Kart Racing, Parts, Services, and Engines
( Grosely over priced NR racing product )

If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty I think these are Tecumseh parts adapted to a clone

They are already everywhere.

(THE ORIGINAL) ADJUSTABLE MAIN JET| Recreational Motorsports

Carburetor, GX390 Kit Methenol Adjustable Jet [NR-NR390KITAJ - ALKY] - $218.96 : KART WORKS CANADA Online Store, Kart Racing, Parts, Services, and Engines
( Grosely over priced NR racing product )

If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty I think these are Tecumseh parts adapted to a clone
Considering the owner goes and picks them up in Detroit, then charges this crazy amount...it is really inflated price for sure...

Considering the owner goes and picks them up in Detroit, then charges this crazy amount...it is really inflated price for sure...
I don't know about that.

I don't know what their delivery process is.

I do know if they wanted to sell you oem Honda parts at a better price they could.

Lewis knows a lot about carbs.
He taught me more in one phone call than I learned in the previous year on my own.

Support top of the line vender like Stout...

Lewis knows a lot about carbs.
He taught me more in one phone call than I learned in the previous year on my own.

Support top of the line vender like Stout...
Does he give a break on shipping?
I like his parts...but the shipping calculator he uses sure is on the high side!

$65.00 to ship a carb...ouch...I can get a motor shipped cheaper..