buyer beware! ruppparts .com RUPP

Just an FYI for any of you fellow motor heads thinking of doing business with www. ruppparts .com

I was told by him back in early May that turn around to reline my vintage sled drive cogs would be three days. I sent them to him ASAP in good faith, and here it is July and the guy hosed me several times when we did talk, and now no answer from calls or emails. I have wasted at least 50 phone calls trying to get my parts back. Do not send this guy anything, you will not get it back. I hope he is reading this, and that anyone thinking of doing business with him takes note. :mad:

If anyone here knows this guy and get me my cogs back that's would be great! I suspect he is ripping us off by soliciting folks to send him parts he can rebuild and then add to stock for resale. :shrug:

I bought a few hundreds worth of parts of him without a single problem.
I would hope he has at least a few happy customers.......its the unhappy ones that you gotta worry about. I just want my parts back, finished or not. Unfortunately, the guy wont respond to me and when he has 30 or so attempts ago, it was all BS excuses. You cant make this stuff up.:hammer:

BTW, I already have responses in my email about fellas who got hosed. Scary.

Last edited:

toomanytoys

I would hope he has at least a few happy customers.......its the unhappy ones that you gotta worry about. I just want my parts back, finished or not. Unfortunately, the guy wont respond to me and when he has 30 or so attempts ago, it was all BS excuses. You cant make this stuff up.:hammer:

BTW, I already have responses in my email about fellas who got hosed. Scary.
I wasn't in any way trying to disprove your issues. Just saying I have dealt with him a few times and always had good luck.

I hope you get satisfaction.

george3

Hope you get your parts back. There has been other issues with rupp parts.com, a few other so called venders as well. It would be nice if a no issue like OldMiniBikes warehouse had a rebuilder of hard to get parts, but I dont think so. They do have some re-manufactured parts but not you need. Good luck.

Itype2slo

I bought from Brandt, OldMiniBikes and Blackwidow motorsports and never ever had an issue with anyone, Matter of fact Ive bought from Ruppparts since Joe Valenti died many moons ago. My sympathies to those who have had deals gone wrong. I have always gotten great service from all.

jrzmac

From my own experience, every time I've dealt with Brandt, I never had any problems. Whether it was ordering something, or even e-mailing him a question, he always got right back to me. Most of the stuff I got was typical off the shelf stuff like decals and stuff so I don't know what happens when he actually does work on certain parts for you? :shrug: all I know is that for the past 5 years, this type of thread has come up about 50 times!!! the majority of stuff I bought came from either Blackwidow Motorsports or OldMiniBikes. I ordered something one time from Hent and I'm pretty sure it was there the next day???? I don't know how but :shrug:

I think a most of times it the person he uses to do the relining of sprockets and other work he sends out to be done that is taking a long time, and or there not getting back with him.
I never had a issue with Brandt, He's a Good guy. I always ask him if the items I want he has in stock and ready to go before buying.

I had issues with Brandt, same issues, not returning emails or phone calls. It finnaly worked out to my satisfaction and would buy from him again.

Rupp 72

a while back i ordered a decal set from Brandt, he sent 4 of the 12 decals that i was supposed to get. it was many emails, phone calls, and 5 mounths later and i finally got the rest of the decals.

if you need rupp parts, blackwidowmotorsports.net is where to go, perfect reproductions and arrives super quick via USPS. really good honest guys there:thumbsup:

MiniBike Paul

Quite some time ago he screwed me around for a long time. I went on one of the map programs (MSN I think), found his address (his house), then it showed me his neighbors. I called his next door neighbor and asked them to go tell him something is wrong and I cannot get through his phone! He quickly refunded my money! I would have kept calling those neighbors if he had not!!

I would never do business with him!!!

Quite some time ago he screwed me around for a long time. I went on one of the map programs (MSN I think), found his address (his house), then it showed me his neighbors. I called his next door neighbor and asked them to go tell him something is wrong and I cannot get through his phone! He quickly refunded my money! I would have kept calling those neighbors if he had not!!

I would never do business with him!!!

Paul, your my hero.

Jesse