BUYERS BEWARE !!! juanblanco1911

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok:

So If you are going to buy and sell on this site ,you may want to really be careful in the way you represent yourself. It is sort of like business,If you don't conduct yourself in a business like manner you soon will be out of business.
How many members or non-members now are going to buy from this member?

Your reputation is only as good as your last transaction !

I completely understand the poor packing issue but my reference was to MarkG's post #54 on profits being made , I did not bring the profit issue up first but I was just commenting on all the profits that could be made if Derek was wanting to get his money back plus a profit for a deal he felt was bad . :thumbsup:
I think your estimates are pretty close. However, in Derek's case, he truly likes the Cat bikes and wanted the parts. It sucks in that case because they are not easily replaced.
One pet peeve I have is to hear how people don't want to ship parts. I can certainly understand that, but I guess a good turn would be to not expect people to ship to you? It is a pain, but its also keeping this hobby alive for many people.

I just got the Manco Trail Cat from Leathernunn yesterday, damn...that thing could have survived a nuclear blast! It took me forever to unpack the two packages with all of the tape and wrap. Props to Paul for that packaging job!
Thanx Joe :thumbsup:

I have shipped alot of bikes and a few of them were restored ones. Once I think its packed good enough......I usually add more . There is nothing worse than having to give someone their money back because you didnt take the extra few minutes to do something right. I have recieved motors off ebay that were full of oil and loose in a box full of peanuts :facepalm: Sometimes you just gotta wander what the hell they were thinking. I pack stuff like I would want it packed if it were coming to me.:hammer: I feel bad for Derek , and I hope it can be resolved.

Unless it fits in a box I have in my garage already and I happen to have packing insulation materials on hand I can't be bothered to ship. I don't like the thought of having something get to a person and it not be what they expect. In fact I often say do not pay until you get it and are happy with it. It's not a money thing. If it were I would put stuff on Ebay for top dollar. I have some minis I might be getting rid of. Unless I get rid of them at Windber or someone sends someone to get them I have no intention of breaking them down and packing them up. It might cost the buyer more to use U-Ship but unless I can just roll it down the driveway and say "here ya go".then I would rather just sell it locally. Nobody wants a thread about them like this one.......

Unless it fits in a box I have in my garage already and I happen to have packing insulation materials on hand I can't be bothered to ship. I don't like the thought of having something get to a person and it not be what they expect. In fact I often say do not pay until you get it and are happy with it. It's not a money thing. If it were I would put stuff on Ebay for top dollar. I have some minis I might be getting rid of. Unless I get rid of them at Windber or someone sends someone to get them I have no intention of breaking them down and packing them up. It might cost the buyer more to use U-Ship but unless I can just roll it down the driveway and say "here ya go".then I would rather just sell it locally. Nobody wants a thread about them like this one.......
Well said. Like I always say, money takes the fun out of everything. If you're upfront about not wanting to ship then so be it. It's a time killer for sure. My Dad has helped me a lot lately and without him I'd be up the creek.

old-timer

Scamming Member
I think your estimates are pretty close. However, in Derek's case, he truly likes the Cat bikes and wanted the parts. It sucks in that case because they are not easily replaced.
One pet peeve I have is to hear how people don't want to ship parts. I can certainly understand that, but I guess a good turn would be to not expect people to ship to you? It is a pain, but its also keeping this hobby alive for many people.
X-2 :thumbsup:
I'm with you!! Nothing ticks me off more than finding a good deal on something only to read NO SHIPPING :shrug: Really?? how the heck do you expect to sell something without wanting to ship it :shrug: I see no shipping minis on ebay that have been relisted 10 times over. If your going to advertise something on a world wide web, you should plan on having to ship it in my humble opinion. Generally buyers expect to pay extra for this service. So why not offer shipping at a fee and take the time to do it right :shrug: I bought a mini a while back that the seller didn't want to ship. I offered him extra money for his time and trouble, and he sold it to me instantly. The bike arrived very well packed and in a timely manner. Both parties were happy :shrug:

Vic

buckeye

It freaks me out to send stuff. I sent a rather rare bike to Derek.
I was freaking out the whole time and was worried to death about it until it arrived and he let me know it was good. Almost not worth it.
Too much stress over a mini bike.

Ya I know all about liking mini bikes I don't have close to two hundred because I hate them :laugh::thumbsup:

Shipping is not a pain , The Shippers are :laugh::laugh:

X-2 :thumbsup:
I'm with you!! Nothing ticks me off more than finding a good deal on something only to read NO SHIPPING :shrug: Really?? how the heck do you expect to sell something without wanting to ship it :shrug: I see no shipping minis on ebay that have been relisted 10 times over. If your going to advertise something on a world wide web, you should plan on having to ship it in my humble opinion. Generally buyers expect to pay extra for this service. So why not offer shipping at a fee and take the time to do it right :shrug: I bought a mini a while back that the seller didn't want to ship. I offered him extra money for his time and trouble, and he sold it to me instantly. The bike arrived very well packed and in a timely manner. Both parties were happy :shrug:

Vic
That's the key Vic. When guys hear $200 to ship a complete bike coast to coast it's almost automatically a deal killer. Expecting to pay for someone's time and effort is customary. I don't pad things, but I pack them well (I think) and charge what it costs like it or like it. I can't negotiate what a third party is going to charge me to get it there. It sounds like Derek paid a pretty good price to get this a few states so I don't think that was the issue.

I never knew E Bay was the mini bike price guide , You learn something everyday :thumbsup:
He's not using it as a price guide. He's pointing out that it's the same bike from ebay. He didn't even dust it off. :laugh: juanblanco1911 bought it on ebay for $165 for it and sold it here for $250. No money lost there. :shrug:

I will say after looking at the before and after pics it looks like all the damage was present already. You can see the right foot peg is bent in his pic from the top right next to the engine. And looking at the ebay pics not much has changed from when he bought it.

Poor shipping indeed and something should be refunded for the shipping cost. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
He's not using it as a price guide. He's pointing out that it's the same bike from ebay. He didn't even dust it off. :laugh: juanblanco1911 bought it on ebay for $165 for it and sold it here for $250. No money lost there. :shrug:

I will say after looking at the before and after pics it looks like all the damage was present already. You can see the right foot peg is bent in his pic from the top right next to the engine. And looking at the ebay pics not much has changed from when he bought it.

Poor shipping indeed and something should be refunded for the shipping cost. Just my 2 cents.

I wish it was pointed out they are the same bikes I never put the two locations together but I see now they look the same . I never did think the damage was from shipping either but from age and hard use .

That was my point exactly.

I wish it was pointed out they are the same bikes I never put the two locations together but I see now they look the same
Look closely, it's the same bike. Like Tom said, it has the same dust smears on it:laugh:

george3

As long as the engine didnt get damaged I think both seller and buier both came out ahead. I am amazed it didnt get trashed much more.

I seen that bike on Ebay and never put 2 and 2 together.

At this point I will give him the benefit of the doubt on the foot pegs being bent prior to shipping.

Furthermore it appears no shipping money will in fact be refunded, BUT I have an even better idea.....

juanblanco1911 PLEASE buck up $25 and become a supporting member.

I think that is fair.... :shrug:

He has acted like a roving neighborhood salesman. Comes around pretty much only to offer his wares not to offer advice or join in conversations. I would be surprised if he becomes a member since its not required to sell here but I sure hope he does. I'm not picking on him at all just my opinion on the situation.

I seen that bike on Ebay and never put 2 and 2 together.

At this point I will give him the benefit of the doubt on the foot pegs being bent prior to shipping.

Furthermore it appears no shipping money will in fact be refunded, BUT I have an even better idea.....

juanblanco1911 PLEASE buck up $25 and become a supporting member.

I think that is fair.... :shrug:
juanblanco,
You are getting off EASY! If you have any sense at all you will take Derek's suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.