Crank drill and tap guides

Is anybody still making the drill and tap guides for crankshafts?
I need a set to drill and tap two cranks @ 3/4" diameter, but if I could get a universal set to drill and tap 5/8, 3/4, and 1" cranks, that would be better for future use, if and when needed.
PM with prices if still available.

Thanks, Scott

just crank it up and make the center with a sharpie,can't really get it off balance because what you drill out your screwing metal back in.
Thanks,Tex,
I would feel much more comfortable doing it with a guide, not like I can redo it if I get off a little, without replacing the cranks. I read old threads where a couple guys on here were making them available a couple years ago. I was hoping that someone still had one to sell me.
Scott

no ones making any that i know of , there was talk about doing it but it died out . i have been thinking about making a run of them if there is enough interest in them . thinking full deal guide and drill and tap :shrug:

Ya, really cool.
I have two to do now, and if I had a set, I'm sure I would do more eventually.
It would be so much easier than removing the crank... and accurate!
I was hoping that the guys that were making them still
had some.(one for me!) If not, I'll copy their idea and have one made local.
RIP YELLOWHAND... Never met the guy, but he was one of the guys making them. I read a 2 yr. old post by him that he would loan the one he made for shipping, then send to next guy on here who needed it. What a cool guy!

Scottyace
I recall there being another thread about this very subject..
You may want to do a search for more info on who posted there, that may lead you to a person or persons that might have what your looking for..
I wish i could be of more help but at my age I have a hard time remembering what foot goes in what shoe.:doah:

Scott, Anybody with a lathe should be able to machine one up for you in about 20 minutes. If you don't know anybody with a lathe; try drawing up a picture (with dimensions) of what you want and taking to the vo-tech department of your nearest high school. Lots of vo-techs are happy to do jobs for the public because it gives their students some real world experience. And as a rule they don't charge you. Good luck. Ogy

I offered to loan my drill guide for the shipping costs. I will loan it, but a drill press must be used (a floor model press). That's not to say it would be impossible to use a hand drill, but it would be stupid not to use a press. I don't want my tool to get boogered up. So, no drill press, no deal.
The guide is for 3/4" shafts. It is sized for a 21/64" bit, which allows for a 3/8"-24 tap.

Last edited: