Doodlebug 6.5 engine swap kit

is it possible to mount a 6.5hp clone on a doodle bug with no conversion kit?
if you're retarded when it comes to modifying stuff, no.

if you're half competent when it comes to working with tools and doing stuff, yes.

do a search. you'll find lots of info on doing exactly what you're asking about. don't give up on searching after 3 minutes either. in the amount of time you wait for a few smart ass answers you can find the info on your own.

personally, i'd rather spend the money on the plate instead of possibly spending a couple of hours drilling/slotting the plate. i'm lazy and would rather spend money than do work.

i just need the clutch and the motor mount, maybe some hardware. harbor frieght has these on sale again for super cheap locally, plus the 20% off discount on the inet.

if not ill do the conversion with hand tools...

i bought just the plate/mounting hardware from Chris and paid $40 at the time. i have no idea if the price is still the same since that was quite awhile ago.

db30 6.5 conversion kit

I have the complete 6.5hp conversion kits available. This kit is complete with all the parts required to easily and quickly install a 6.5hp engine on your DB-30. Everything bolts together with basic hand tools, an easy to follow instruction CD is included. The engine comes with all the conversion parts installed making the swap fool proof. 1 to 1.5 hour installation time. The photos are of a green DB-30 with the engine kit installed. The complete 6.5hp conversion kits are $275 + shipping
I am just wondering if you are still selling these kits, and if so what brand of motor does it come with? Also i am in California and wanted to know if the motor is certified for CA. I have looked on the HF website and was wondering if it would be better to go with their motor and your kit, or your motor and kit.

The minibike isn't legal for riding on the street, which is where the smog laws come into play, correct?...so it really doesn't matter as long as you are riding off road. If you are on the street, you risk getting the bike confiscated anyway, so I would think that smog legal or not, you lose the bike. AFAIK, Harbor Freight sells 'CA Certified' engines in CA if I recall correctly. They usually have a different item number, but are basically the same thing. Then again, if you are riding off road, I doubt you'll get pulled over for a smog check. Hmmm, it is CA though... :wink: Hope it works out for you.

Davy

I am just wondering if you are still selling these kits, and if so what brand of motor does it come with? Also i am in California and wanted to know if the motor is certified for CA. I have looked on the HF website and was wondering if it would be better to go with their motor and your kit, or your motor and kit.
I sent Chris a PM several days ago about buying one of his install kits, never heard back from him. :shrug: