future DB30 mods on stock engine?

im planning to get my db30 up to 50+ mph with the stock engine. i found a 5/8 tav clutch at a local lawn mower store. didn't buy it yet. i'm also planning on throwing on a extreme chain, rear hydraulic brake, and a k&n air filter. is all of this doable? im pretty sure i found the right size k&n air filter for the carb, and the extreme chain is the right size and every thing, same with the brake. it is the clutch i am worried about. is all of this doable on the engine or is there some Chinese made things that are in the way of getting this done? :grind::hack::scooter:

Do not waste your money on the stock engine. Get a 6.5 clone. Its a better way of spending your time and money if you want to go fast. Sell your old engine on ebay to fund it.

yeah definitley jump up to a clone get the adapter kit and then the possibilities are endless! small pod filters are easy to come by and if your'e going for a hydraulic rear maybe think about doing a front rim swap to run a front brake aswell (stock bicycle disc is dangerously lacking in the stopping dept.)

if** you did want to run the stock 2.8 you could always fab up a cheapo header?? that might do something for ya, but i think i also heard that headers negatively affect those engines...:confused:

i brought my GPS with my on my DB30. I removed the governor adjusment screw and romped down the road. There isnt any acceleration but i did 31.1 MPH. Thats with NOTHING added to the bike. You wont be able to reach that speed on grass because it just doesnt have the power. On the road however you can. ANYWAY. Get a clone. Thats what i did. Im still waiting for it

Younger member

im planning to get my db30 up to 50+ mph with the stock engine. i found a 5/8 tav clutch at a local lawn mower store. didn't buy it yet. i'm also planning on throwing on a extreme chain, rear hydraulic brake, and a k&n air filter. is all of this doable? im pretty sure i found the right size k&n air filter for the carb, and the extreme chain is the right size and every thing, same with the brake. it is the clutch i am worried about. is all of this doable on the engine or is there some Chinese made things that are in the way of getting this done? :grind::hack::scooter:
My name is TT. I am the resident Bully. If you can do this I will give you a brand new DB. I give you my word. If you can get a 2.8HP DB to do 50 MPH it's yours, just come and pick it up free. Most 6.5HP stock motors with fuel pumps, Mikuni carbs. and headers cannot do 50 MPH. I know my stuff and even my nemisis will let you know it just is not plausable. I mean no disrespect. The engines are dogs and only a Pro-Mod Jackshaft will improve performance.

So, get a radar gun and prove you can do this and a $300 mini bike is yours...

TT :thumbsup:

So what your saying is trying to make a DB go that fast is sort of like spending your money on ribbed condoms and KY for a trip to a hog farm.

Don't get me wrong put enough lipstik on a pig and I'll ride her. I just don't expect it to be one of life's most note worthy endeavours.

:clap:

So what your saying is trying to make a DB go that fast is sort of like spending your money on ribbed condoms and KY for a trip to a hog farm.

Don't get me wrong put enough lipstik on a pig and I'll ride her. I just don't expect it to be one of life's most note worthy endeavours.

:clap:
Sounds like you come from the place were men are men and the pigs are scared, :no: What State are you from.

i brought my GPS with my on my DB30. I removed the governor adjusment screw and romped down the road. There isnt any acceleration but i did 31.1 MPH. Thats with NOTHING added to the bike. You wont be able to reach that speed on grass because it just doesnt have the power. On the road however you can. ANYWAY. Get a clone. Thats what i did. Im still waiting for it
Hey no offense, but my "One In a Million" motor has yours beat. I backed off the throttle screw and this is my Baja Blitz doing 33 MPH on a GPS. I tested it six ways to Sunday and it IS accurate. Look at each picture at the bottom where it says top speed. It was difficult to take a screen shot on my iphone when I was riding that fast and that accounts for the slow down time on the actual speed.

If you do a little research around here, you will find that making the 2.8 HP go much faster really isn't worth your time. Even if you succeed, you'll probly end up blowing the motor or the clutch. I rarely take mine up to full speed for this very reason. Not trying to rain on your parade, give it a shot if you think it is doable and it looks like you got yourself free DB. You may need it. :thumbsup:

cxbra

C'mon guys, there IS a way to hit 50 mph on a stock db! Gear it HIGH, (like clutch burning high.. gear it for like 70 mph), then roll down the biggest hill you can find!

Now, stopping from that speed is a whole 'nother beast.

Hent, Striogi,

As a upstanding member of this Forum. I ask you to please close and lock this Thread. It seems to be quite disruptive to the other member's whom are positive this is futile.

Thank you for your continued support of encouraging member's to advance...

TT :eek:ut:

Hent

Hent, Striogi,

As a upstanding member of this Forum. I ask you to please close and lock this Thread. It seems to be quite disruptive to the other member's whom are positive this is futile.

Thank you for your continued support of encouraging member's to advance...

TT :eek:ut:
There's no reason to lock this thread unless it gets out of control.

Free bike eh? I have the original engine in my bike (with a few add-ons) and I may just be up for that challenge!! Take a look at my pics and let me know what you think:wink:

delray

back to the original posting. he found a 5/8 shaft tav????????? or 5/8 belt tav?????or 5/8 shaft with a belt pulley setup on a centrifugal clutch???? starting to wonder what he was really looking at:eek:ut: