Go with original engine color or custom?

OK so I have an original copper colored B&S 5HP for a yet-to-be-identified US made roller and I'm torn between paint combos.
I'm leaning towards matching the engine color to the frame and trying out a new high temp color... but the original paint/decals on the Briggs is in very good condition, I almost hate to paint over it. Opinions? I apologize if this thread may have been beaten to death in the past.

Could always get another engine for the custom right? right? :wink:

In my own opinion I would leave the copper briggs alone. Its only original once! You can always pick up a clone engine and doll it up the way you want without feeling guilty.

I just went through the same decision process. I obtained a very decent copper Briggs for a restoration. Once I painted the bike however, that nice Briggs looked wrong against the new paint. So I had to paint it copper.

I don't use spray paint on anything fuel or oil will touch. Despite what you may read, none of it is fuel proof. H91351D from the Nason line is a pretty good match. It is catalyzed (acrylic enamel) at 8:1 and reduced with 8:2.

Evil Ed also does custom engine paint.

I did color match another briggs for another vintage build, but I'd strayed away a bit from originality on that one, and felt okay with color matching. (Taco Purple) Just my two cents worth.