honda lawn mower flywheel question

I tried the gxp 160 today it's a no go it has 4 huge mounting rods coming out of the center of it around the drive shaft where the starter cup grabs onto

I tried the gxp 160 today it's a no go it has 4 huge mounting rods coming out of the center of it around the drive shaft where the starter cup grabs onto
those take the place of the cup.so you will not need to use the cup that was on it before.You pull starter and shroud will work. I run them it works,not a guess.

sweet thanks. in going to install tonight, are they any stronger or more durable than the cast ones. obviously they can't take the place of a billet one but are they at least a little better than the stock cast ones? and do I have to use the ignition coil of of the lawn mower as well or can I use the stockings ignition coil? someone said that I will need to use a quarter inch spacer between the block in the ignition coil but I don't recall if they said I had to use the lawn mower ignition coil or the stock 1

thats a good thread, and just what i was looking for. its nice to see people actually stating their honest opinions instead of a bunch of mandated, belt-fed answers because they are scared of what will happen if they say what they really want to. i believe that thread makes a good point for all sides of the issue. take from it what you will.

:hammer:

waaaah waaaah:crying:
look man if you don't want to read it then don't, move on and spend your valuable time elsewhere. yes there is more than one thread on the same subject, but oh my good would you look at that! ...different responses and opinions....from different people. funny how that happens. yet again someone whining about something they could have easily just ignored.

to answer your question, yes there is a picture in my other thread.

waaaah waaaah:crying:
look man if you don't want to read it then don't, move on and spend your valuable time elsewhere. yes there is more than one thread on the same subject, but oh my good would you look at that! ...different responses and opinions....from different people. funny how that happens. yet again someone whining about something they could have easily just ignored.

to answer your question, yes there is a picture in my other thread.
:shrug:

sir, i did what you said and have not posted any more threads on the same subject, i havent even been adding to them unless i get some sort of question. what i have been getting is a bunch of messages asking me why i posted the same question in different threads. i dont understand why people feel like it is neccessary to make comments about this issue after you have already addressed it. i agree that there were too many posts about the same thing so i did not post any more. i dont know if its just bordem or what but i am getting nonsense in my inbox. i was simply stating that if someone believes that there are too many of the same thing then they can just ignore it instead of leaving a smart butt comment. that's all. sorry if it offended anyone but it was getting annoying. the most recent comment was worded in such a way that it could be defended as being simply helpful, but seeing as how most of these comments i have been getting are negative ones i think it is safe to say that this was in fact intended to have the same effect. again, if i hurt anyone's feelings, which obviously i did because they felt the need to report it to you, i appologize. i hope this puts a close to this matter once and for all.

texasfabguy i do sincerely appologize, i over reacted and for that i am truly sorry. after reading your post again and again i am certain that i reacted inappropriately. please forgive my ignorance. it will not happen again.

were good!:thumbsup: If I may make a suggestion,slow down a little and search and read old post on what your looking for answers you need.On some of the old ones you can see the learning curve of others too and see how much they have learned since. One thing is learn as much as you can on how yours works now so you will know what kind of mods will effect the outcome. Their are a lot of smart builders here and there are a lot here that are still learning just like you so careful and get a 2nd opinion.
Good luck and have fun!

You can always just make your own thread with your questions/issues and just continue that one thread instead of making 10 different threads which makes it very difficult to keep up with. :thumbsup:

So I have come across a few Honda mowers and I need to know exactly which one has the right flywheel on it. Is it only the gxv 160? Or will a gxv 140 work as well. Will any Honda aluminum Mower flywheel work if I use the coil from the Mower as well? Yes I know, billet billet billet, but I want to know anyway. Thanks