How many would be interested in a Sprocket adapter for your DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

vette66_00

Ok I have been working on a adapter to use a 2-piece Horstman Racing Sprocket. Basically it will bolt to the stock location and allow you to go with any gear that Horstman has to offer (currently 53-85 tooth in 35 pitch). It will keep the stock alignment so no shimming will be needed. The only thing that will have to be done is removing your old sprocket and stall the new adapter. The 2-piece design will allow you to change the sprocket without removing the rear wheel. You will of course have to add or remove a few links of chain.

If there is enough interest I will either up my account here to sell or I will ask one of the guys here that currently sell to stock these. For sure 3 will be made but the more people we have wanting one it will reduce the cost.

Not sure what the final price is going to be but looks like $35-$45.

These will be aluminum and will fit I think most of the 2-piece sprockets with 6 holes, Dont quote me on that as I only have horstman gears to work with.

Nice thing about Horstman Sprockets is they are about $18 each.

I would definitely buy one. This would be an amazing product to sell to everyone with doodlebugs. Seeing as there are currently no options to switch gears, this would be a very unique item to sell.

vette66_00

Agreed that this is most likely going to be for the guys with bigger motors. Anything over the current 70 tooth gear get kinda close to the ground unless you have a bigger tire, like the Walmart tire or any of the other turf savers with higher profiles.

Its looking like about $35-$45 not sure I have 5 different quotes from Local CNC shops. And quantity is key with this. Design is pretty simple but the Hour rates get $$$. Most charge a 2 hour minimum, Plus materials.

Last edited:
I think I'm in? How much are these sprockets? It definately would be a trick looking setup!

****Never mind I reread the post and saw the price. I'm In!!!!!

I could tell you a really easy way to make your own 6 on 5 1/4" adapter to bolt right to that. You would need a hole saw and a drill press with laser center device.

I think. The gears are turning upstairs here.. smells like bacon..

I could tell you a really easy way to make your own 6 on 5 1/4" adapter to bolt right to that. You would need a hole saw and a drill press with laser center device.

I think. The gears are turning upstairs here.. smells like bacon..
he's not asking how to do this, it's whether it's worth it for him to have these made and sell them. if you want to tell people another way to do it make a new thread. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.