I finally picked up a Super Bronc

capguncowboy

... andbBoy, isn't she pretty!? I've not done a lot of research yet, but it's about the nicest survivor VT-8 I've ever seen

This beauty popped up on Craigslist in Knoxville and I had David Wulf pick it up for me (He's a hell of a guy!). The seller said it was never put all the way together. I'm not sure what the full backstory is, but it came with a box full of paperwork and some NOS optional parts. It doesn't look like the bike has been ridden much. The speedometer only shows 109 miles on it and I actually thought that number seemed high given the condition. The chrome is in excellent shape. No rust on it as far as I can tell and aside from a few nicks here and there, the paint looks great. The muffler isn't even discolored from being ran. The tires look brand new and they're not even dirty. There is a small section of a popped seam on the seat but it's in perfect shape otherwise.

The engine dates as a 1976. It runs and idles fine but starts to surge when you get it up to a cruising speed. I think it's an issue with the TAV but I won't know for sure until I have time to go through it.

The box of goodies included an NOS remote tank and hardware, an NOS horn, a funky little rubber Hunt Wilde pannier (NOS), and some brackets to hold the bike up when you're hauling it. It also included the blue-print and a few brochures, along with a user's manual. No sales receipt though :glare:

I'll have to take some pictures of it when I'm riding it next week, but for now, here are the pictures David took of it before I came to pick it up.

More to come this week!

I think you're a magnet for cool finds. I swear I never see anything like that. The only decent vintage bikes I see on craigslist are $1000+ and usually quite rough.

Unbelievable find Andy! That bike is the top of the line model with every possible upgrade that could be installed on it. If you are interested, I bet you can get that bike registered, plated and street legal fairly easily.
Michael