Inconsiderate OldMiniBikes members

Status
Not open for further replies.
For years now I have browsed through the various threads on this site where members were looking for answers to questions, looking for parts, or just needed help. Being an old timer I've always been willing to jump in when other members need help. However, I have noticed a disturbing trend and it's beginning to piss me off. I can't begin to count the number of times that I have spent hours digging through my parts boxes, taking photos, posting photos, and responding to a member's request for parts or information; only to be met with silence. No response, no acknowledgement, no response to PM's, NOTHING!! It's too bad. We have a lot of good members on here who will do almost anything to help others but a few inconsiderate, rude, and selfish A$$holes sure are making it difficult for me to remain upbeat. I am sure there are others on here who feel the same as I do. So if the shoe fits (Cap'n Kanuckles) wear it. If it doesn't then you have nothing to complain about. Ogy

buckeye

Well ogy,I for one am super appreciative of your knowledge and hopefully have shown my gratitude!!!!
This is a tremendous source of info and parts. There is no way in the world I would be where I am without the info of some great guys. And most recently a particular gal( moto bunny) who allowed me access to some unique info. I publically thank you sincerely!!!

I don't help out as much as I wish I could, not because I don't want to, but because I really don't know that much. I still consider myself an amateur. When members help me out, (and many have) I try to thank them, and let them know how much I appreciate the help. I have even sent thank you cards to several OldMiniBikes members. I would have fallen flat on my face trying my first restoration without this place.

TomH

good post Ogy, I think we all need to be reminded to thank the helper that goes to the trouble. I suggest the search a lot with real common questions, I don't get may thank yous for that.:laugh: If you are too lazy to research a common problem, probably won't get it fixed anyway unless somebody comes over and does it for them.

maverick1

I am with Turf on this one. Most of my stuff is 2 cycle (Gemini SST) but if I have an answer I try to chime in. When I start on my 4 cycle small engine bikes I am sure I will have some revelations to share. This is a good site with good people. Don't let the few spoil it for you.

For years now I have browsed through the various threads on this site where members were looking for answers to questions, looking for parts, or just needed help. Being an old timer I've always been willing to jump in when other members need help. However, I have noticed a disturbing trend and it's beginning to piss me off. I can't begin to count the number of times that I have spent hours digging through my parts boxes, taking photos, posting photos, and responding to a member's request for parts or information; only to be met with silence. No response, no acknowledgement, no response to PM's, NOTHING!! It's too bad. We have a lot of good members on here who will do almost anything to help others but a few inconsiderate, rude, and selfish A$$holes sure are making it difficult for me to remain upbeat. I am sure there are others on here who feel the same as I do. So if the shoe fits (Cap'n Kanuckles) wear it. If it doesn't then you have nothing to complain about. Ogy

^this^

Ogy : This sport have a lot of nooks and cranny's and sometimes it takes work to sort out the facts some are more helpful than other. But to me that is the fun part to find out information and share it with everyone. Some do the Karts and I like the Trikes so just about everyone has some value to add.
I helped a Texas member fix his furnace so that his AC would work and together we diagnosed the problem and he ordered the part and got the cooling going . That part is family helping each other out. Your expertise is a lot of Fox information that you have acquired and openly share.
So I know we have our share of Knuckle heads but it is still the best web site and we all know that.
Steve :scooter:

It's everywhere I'm afraid. If your not taught how to be appreciative of someone else'es efforts you will never be much in life.
There is also the clique members who only respond to the "special" other members.
Until we as a nation change our schools, we will have to put up with their BS.
Sorry you had to vent. We got your six. We appreciate your time and talents.
Rob.

You're right Steve. Ninety nine percent of the fellows on OldMiniBikes are considerate and courteous and a pleasure to deal with. In this last instance; Cap'n Kanuckles wasted a couple hours of my time and it pissed me off. Then when I got several PM's from other members complaining that he treated them the same way; I figured I'm not going to let him get away with that. So I outed him. Ogy

:thumbsup:

I thought this went without saying but i suppose there are some inconsiderate people out there so i will just take time to thank each and everyone of you who have helped me out,dealt with my noobness, and also dealt with me when i thought i knew something when i didnt ! Thanks from smokinsmo to everyone !!
I know there are alot of guys who would have taken their mini's to the dump already(including myself) without this site. Thanks OldMiniBikes ! :thumbsup:

bandit 40

In the last 3 years I have delt with only 2 people like this and they have not posted in 8 to 10 months.... so in my experience ,this was from people that got what they wanted and are never seen again. So Ogy don't let it get to you my friend we all appreciate the kindness and consideration from good people like yourself:thumbsup:.

I hear ya Ogy! I usually leave the engine stuff and the vintage stuff to the experts because I dont excell in that area, but I am a night owl and usually logged on while most are snoozing. So I try and do the occassional help with what I know! There has been many times I have responded over and over in the same thread or by PM trying to help and not a simple "thanks." No problem!:thumbsup: Then I see the same "member" ask for help in another thread..............:no: I just go on about my bussiness, I'll help someone that appreciates it and has some manners. A simple aknowledement for someones troubles is not all that hard!!!! "Thank you all for all your help and dealing with my noobness!!" See....its not that hard!!!!:laugh:

Last edited:
I'm waitng for JRZMAC to see this thread....when somebody posts a question and he can help he goes above and beyond to create a detailed answer along with close-up photos, color coded arrrows and circles....photoshop notes, etc......even researches and includes links to the necessary part numbers !!!..... often times only to be met with indifference...nothing...not even a "hey thanks".....sometimes they start arguing they have a better way to do it :doah:

Really? Then why didn't you do it your friggin way to begin with ??

...I've seen it happen numerous times...he gets pissed and I don't blame him....people have no clue the time and effort that goes into posting an answer like that.

Eventually...he won't bother doing it anymore...and then somebody will start a thread complaining that "nobody wants to help the newbs"....:shrug:

Last edited:

buckeye

Jrz is the man. You are exactly correct.
He was my biggest fan when I was doing that Thunderbolt. PM's with pics and encouragement. Man,if I had the resources,he would have a Thunderblot delivered to his home. He would give anything for one.

I'm waitng for JRZMAC to see this thread....when somebody posts a question and he can help he goes above and beyond to create a detailed answer along with close-up photos, color coded arrrows and circles....photoshop notes, etc......even researches and includes links to the necessary part numbers !!!..... often times only to be met with indifference...nothing...not even a "hey thanks".....sometimes they start arguing they have a better way to do it :doah:

Really? Then why didn't you do it your friggin way to begin with ??

...I've seen it happen numerous times...he gets pissed and I don't blame him....people have no clue the time and effort that goes into posting an answer like that.

Eventually...he won't bother doing it anymore...and then somebody will start a thread complaining that "nobody wants to help the newbs"....:shrug:

You nailed it KK. That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Thanks for posting. Ogy

well i am a newbie to this site and can say i have been met with, a great group of guys, and am very appreciative of all the help and encouragement that has come my way...i am still learning how to move about on this site and so i will take this opportunity to thank all who respond to my threads in advance...thank you for your patience and consideration.......i enjoy the heckling to some degree too........lol.......this is a great site and i just ignore the ones that seem to aggravate me..sometimes its my mood and then sometimes its anothers.....i have much more to worry about than that...anyway......this is fun to me and im learning so much....:thumbsup::scooter:

There really is no good excuse for not thanking and giving props to a member who goes out of their way to help you. A little appreciation goes a long way.:thumbsup:

You nailed it KK. That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Thanks for posting. Ogy
I'd have to go back and see exactly what it was but I remember you created a thread a while back detailing the proper restoration/reproduction or repair of a part....I forget what part it was but it was a testament to your meticulous nature and how you care more about "doing it right" than "doing it fast".

Somebody tried to ridicule you for going to such lengths to make the part so nice...:eek:ut:....I think they actually recommended going to Home Depot and buying some crap off the shelves instead...:doah:

I wish I could remember what it was, I just remember being incredulous that somebody would take the time to post something like that...

And just for the record OGY, even if your threads aren't specific to what myself and other members may be working on at the moment, it's still good info that can be applied at a later date and we appreciate it.

Those that choose to care will just store it away for the day when they do need it :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.