jackshaft

where can i get a 10 inch jackshaft thats tapped and threaded at the ends for a bolt. cant seem to find one. can you trust locking collers to keep the unthreaded ones from moving?

What I have done with the lock collars is lightly set the set screw on to the shaft when everything is in place that way you know wear it is on the shaft, then take it all back apart and take a drill and drill into the shaft a little so the set screw goes in deeper and does not leave a ridge like when tighten to just the shaft, that way you can get the shaft out easily done the road. You could put a flat spot on the shaft if you do not want to drill it. I prefer drilling it a little.

i used those collars and them moved on me when i rode it the first time after buying the bike soo i lock threaded them down and used a solid hex wrench that i could really tighten and it hasnt moved since

Any machine shop can do the work for you...or you can mail me your shaft and I'll do it.

USPS has some cheap flat rate boxes...you pay for mailing both ways, and I'll machine the shaft for free.

If you mark it for length, I'll trim it down also...