Jdogg's scratch built Frijole anything goes 2016 OldMiniBikes build off entry

Just like everyone said before.. WOW!! I can't believe the work you are putting in your bike:thumbsup: You might need juice brakes and not cables to stop that bad boy Jason!! And thanks again for the forks to you and Harleys Papa, they are on the bike! I have an extra pair of suspended forks with a caliper that would work great on a DB 30 if you or him could use them.

Wow.
Another Mini Maestro!
Very impressive build.
Sick garage organisation.
I need a garage ,but it wouldn't be that organized for long...

Looking forward to seeing the painted finished bike though it already screams "sweet"!
Thank you Tink!! And I cant wait to see some color on it too!!

All I can say is that's one He!! of a build ..:thumbsup: .the attention to details is just awesome Jason. I love the disc brake set up on the jack shaft ! Nice job my friend .
Thanks so much Eric!!

Jason it looks great :thumbsup: I think the welding on the caliper mount is fine, those would have been some tight bends :doah: Oh, I wish my welds looked half as good as yours :thumbsup:
Thanks Randy!! I need a new lens in my welding helmet.....I cant see what im doing! :facepalm:

Damn Jason that some clean looking metal work there , welds look good to . Is with Randy I like the welded look of the brake mount verses the bent look . Bike is really coming together.
Thank you David!! I hate to admit it but that little bracket took waaaaay to long to make!! :laugh:

So creative.
We gonna need different classes of builders pretty soon.
You and several others have a huge edge over us rookie looking folks.
Beautiful work Jason.
Thank you Tom!!

Way Cool Brother !!
Thank you Angelo!!

Really cool brake caliper setup. :thumbsup: I like it.
Thank you Pat!!

Your craftsmanship is excellent! Great build so far!
Thank you Rupp 72!!

Just like everyone said before.. WOW!! I can't believe the work you are putting in your bike:thumbsup: You might need juice brakes and not cables to stop that bad boy Jason!! And thanks again for the forks to you and Harleys Papa, they are on the bike! I have an extra pair of suspended forks with a caliper that would work great on a DB 30 if you or him could use them.
Thank you Owen!! Really glad you could use those forks!! Thanks for the offer! I'll definitely keep that in mind!! :thumbsup:

Cut out a new gasket for the engine's side cover:

Welded a bracket onto a split collar for the exhaust support:

Got the kickstand mount welded on....had to make a new one 2"s longer with these tall tires:

Heated up the end of my forks at a friends shop and pounded the ends flatter and welded and rounded:

Made a brace for the disk brake mount that doubles as a chain gaurd:

Chains lined up real well...quite happy about that!!

Gusseted the front....was worried I would have wished I had done it and couldnt add it after powder coat:

Here she is...a few things to drill and double check the frame over for welding spatter and off to powder today or tomorrow!! Yay!! :biggrin:

Very nice job on all the welding Jason,:thumbsup: I can't wait to see it in powder ! You've still got plenty of time left to ! :wink:

Hoping the coater calls today!! Today is day #7 .....they said a week!! I hate waiting....:boat:......I can't wait to see how the color looks on the frame and forks!!

Got the rest of my parts painted! My friend had some left over paint called Chevy "Greystone" .....looked exactly like the gun metal grey I was looking for!! Did the tank in a gloss and the rims in a flat clear! I have some more pin striping to do and a few more things to finish up but I'm reeeeeeeeal close!! :thumbsup:

Hard to tell in certain light that the inner wheel is painted! Left the outer rim alone