Mac's 5hp briggs in doodle bug nearly finished from the hacking!

Dear friends and foes,

As, I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel. I will post pictures to my photo album in the next few days.

I had to remove the rear fender bracket and fender for clearance, took off the front fender. Spent hours trying to figure the cable clamp needed to be on the other side and connected the cable fairly well with a return spring that needs beefing up.

Since the engine plate looks like Swiss Cheese I added another plate on the bottom for extra strength. I made it work with pink nail polish and enlarged the holes one size to fit the bolts that need to be longer.

It took hours to clean the Garage and complete the job! I am one cooked goose..!

Thank you Mac for the motor! I got lost in the parking lot nearly passed out trying to find my pickup and got a ride in a El Camino and found the truck fast, drank two quarts of Gatorade and still had to rest from sheer exhaustion. The day, I carried the motor out. I learned a valuble lesson? Bring the wagon anyway! Even, if I buy nothing and keep Gatorade in the wagon.

Red wire on kill button on spark Plug? Black wire to ground?
???????????????????????????????????????

The new motor is paid for and it will be here shortly!

TT tuckered OUT!

hfohfufhohfohhfofgoogjhogfojgoojojojgfj3ogogho LOST?

PICS IN DAYS...:scooter:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yeah always have pictures ready. It's hard to get a visual on a project without pictures.

I remember the motor, I was wondering if you was gonna make it. But it's good you wasn't at pomona with it. LOL

5 pics in Gallery.

Yes, It's orange.

No, It's not finished.

MDB, Your Right I would be DOA..

TT

hnewghfweiufhweiohfewhfewhfiewo gallery :scooter:

EE,

I need a good Briggs mechanic. Do you know any?

Ha Ha Ha... Too Funny...Old Warrior.

TT

jenhfiwefwehfwehfowehfhewiofewofhwefoefowefiowefoeiwf no drugs!

Last edited:
Well, I been down so God damn long, that it looks like it's up to me!

Reversed the throttle. It was backwards. Turn Throttle slow down motor.

Checked no Spark. Tightend 8 mm nuts varoom....

Did not throw the chain, tank you berry much!

Changed throttle cables and throttle and switched cable clamp location to the other side.
Front disc needs adjustment. I call Minibikeservice.com/ and they came out right away. Charged me $500 for two hours work....I cancelled the check on the thief!

TT

Now, I need a air cleaner and a new plug, so TLC and the figure eight bike is finished.

jhfiwehfiohewfhweoifhiofhweoifoiwfoiewfowiejfowefjweofij 888888888888888 :doah: :thumbsup:

The double disc brakes are either too tight or too loose. The motor is slow with the govenor still on. The air filter and spark plug were replaced with a NGK from a Champion.

It is a slug, the clutch hardley engages from low RPM. It's a kids toy in this shape. If I remove the govonor it may see 20 MPH. Right no I can run nearly that fast. The choke cannont be full open leading me to believe the mixture is off. The screw is 2 3/4 turns out and the throttle linkage is proper with a heavy return spring.

For a small child it is perfect if it would idle. Since, I know nothing about Briggs. I got another 90 degree rubber cap as well.

I do know how to adjust brakes to free wheel, however the thing will not stop the bike at 12-15 MPH. I need some advice to get to 25 MPH.....:thumbdown: :censure: :eek:ut:

TT

ehfehihhoihfoioih2oiio2hfo2ihoi2hoihohfohohohfofohoi frustratated...