Mini Drag bike build

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
I dont know if you will have enough gear doing this. Snowmobiles have additional reduction in the chain case. Usually 2:1
Only one or two snowmobiles that I know of that have no gear reduction or a chain case !

I feel, if it can work on a sled, why not a mini bike..?

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Thanks Coxy,
I don't know mini bikes that well, I'll admit.

However, Snowmobiles is another story.
My driven clutch is almost as big as my wheel / rim.

It fits just inside my 12" wheel. So its 11 - 11 1/2 "..

I also have no worry about bog on take off, I'm more concerned with wheelie's. :laugh:

If worse came to worse, I can add a jack shaft, hate to do that but, If I had to.

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
up date;

Some parts came and were wrong by seller:shrug:, so new correct parts have now been sent.

We are getting closer :grind:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Front tire is in, I'll pick it up Saturday and get it mounted. Will need to order new bearings to fit my heavy duty 15mm axle to the wheel.

When I judge my 1" forks VS. my front wheel, it is way over kill.

I'm still for the most part a Motorcycle guy and am over doing a lot here. Over thinking.......

I'm thinking motorcycle and not so much mini, lol
Which might be a good thing when ya think about the Power plant I'm putting in this.

I feel I should be putting bigger wheels on this, like 15" rim rear +( Car tire ) and 16" front +( motorcycle wheel ). But then it would not so much be a mini..

I just hope I'll be happy with the front tire height of 3x8" wheel = 2.75"x13.5" I so much wanted a 10" wheel.

VS. the rear tire height of 7X12" wheel = 8.5"X18.5".

Best part is the front calipers do fit into the front 8" wheel and disc's with no problem.

All I'll have to do there is wheel spacers and weld on tab's for the calipers.

Well, more parts to order and more pics soon..

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Not to much to report on, slow going right now.

Need more bike bucks $$, lol

More on Rake & Trail

Small changes

So I added some things to the parts list..