Motovox MBX 10 engine shaft problem

Sure it will...i've seen picts...but I dont have a Motovox to tell you for sure where the stock muffler will end up and if it will burn your kids legs...I'll try and find some picts...someone did one awhile back...
Thanks jdogg! I read and reread that thread. Helpful stuff!! Great links..

Just an update. I pulled the carb off (several times) found the main jet clogged. Running really good now. Good enough to hold off on the new engine for a while. Thanks for the great site!!

No problem. Another fix you can do is to drill your crank for a set-screw (about 1/8'' deep).

I've done that in a pinch with buggered keyways. Works just fine.

My neighbor's MB10's crank broke at the keyway too.

Turns out clutch is 16mm and PTO on the engine is 5/8", so the clutch is fairly loose on the crank. I think that's contributing to the problem. We tested by fitting the Motovox clutch on 97cc PTO which is 16mm and it fits perfect. If it was 5/8" ID, it wouldn't go onto the 97cc PTO.

Has anyone contacted Motovox about this issue? If so, what did they do about it? :shrug:

If he gets engine repaired, I suggested he install 5/8" clutch.. I think Motovox is using the wrong sized clutch with 79cc engine.

No problem. Another fix you can do is to drill your crank for a set-screw (about 1/8'' deep).

I've done that in a pinch with buggered keyways. Works just fine.
Hey that might work also. I just removed the clutch and it looks identical to the picture that started this thread.
THANKS

Hello, I have a 79cc I just pulled off my Son's Motovox MBX11, I am not doing anything with. Clutch included. He only rode it a hand full of times, so the engine is still fresh. Bought the minibike new from Gokarts USA when he was 8, he is now almost 13 so we swapped it out for a predator 212cc. I would not have swapped engines when he was 8. You can view my post in off topic discussions about engine swap. Would be happy to try and help you and your Son get his bike back up and running. Let me know. Happy Thanksgiving.

Attachments

Last edited: