Off Road Minibikes

mmisterbungl - You are probably correct, it makes sence since most of the minibikes are not street legal, but there are some minibikes like the Tote Gote, that are more specific for off road use. Also many people modify a regular minibike for off road use (Bigger/taller knobby tires, increase ground clearance...) Thanks for your input.

To me why even have a Mini Bike if it isn't for off road use. Let the riders ability and the power that your bike has set the size of hills or Rugged Terran you ca and should want to ride on. Other than that is mini bikes made for drag strip style of how fast can I go before this motor explodes. Or how much money can I put into an engine to impress the crew.
Mini bikes were made to be the dream machine that kids who wanted to be a Malcolm Smith or a Steve McQueen could go out and give it a whirl.
Sure too many were just too light weight for much off road use bikes like the Taco 22 the Big Bear Scrambler they were just to small with the 4 and 5 inch wheels.
I sold the Rupp line up with the Roadster II and Scrambler just about the tail end of the Rupp line up of the rope start mini's. I sold their Mini Cycles the RTM 80 & 100
The Powell Super Challenger was not a kids bike but it often was a family bike big enough for the Father and Son's to share.
But we all seem to have our own little sections of this forum to keep track of I don't do much looking around in the Doodlebug section but there has been a lot of good advances in this new mini bike mostly correcting the basic fault's that occur when the price is the quality controller. Like the Cat and the Taco and big box stores all scampered to have the cheapest bike out there.
Brands like the Bonanza might have had their bottom line bike, but they also had the quality machines and supported them in racing and advertisement.
Steve :scooter:

Mac

but there are some minibikes like the Tote Gote, that are more specific for off road use.

....I don't remember Tote Gotes being classified as minibikes,
so personally I see no reason to include Roadster2, Tote Gote,
Treadwell Partner, Rokon, Honda mini's, Super Bronc, Retek, or
any such "toy" in a section designated for "Off Road Minibikes".

Nope not here to make friends
............Just here to stir up some trouble with the "Big Wheel Boys".

Just an idea - How about setting-up an Off Road Minibike category?
Just an idea - How about you DEFINE what is an off road minibike.

What are the boundries because I lust know someone will chime in saying they can ride their chopper minibike off road.:shrug:(not in the trails we ride in)

When I ride my fox, I ride it off road but its just around the yard (off the public roads) and there is no way it would make it through the real trails we normally would ride at.

bad idea. even with the few sections that are here now people can't figure out how to post shit in the correct area half the time.

i laugh every time some noob comes on here thinking this forum is hard to navigate. :laugh: one car board i go on (brand specific) has 80 different sections and that's not even counting the sub-forums for them. it's still not hard to navigate and people don't really have a hard time figuring out the correct place to post shit.

For those of you that are confused - A picture is worth a thousand words.

Click on: View My Photos - I found this photo on the forum.

Last edited:
Well since Tacos, Cats, Bonanzas, and similar bikes were intended to haul boys around dirt lots, and Gotes, Troopers, and Rokons, are for hauling men and their gear into the back woods.

Just separate them into. boy bikes, and Man bikes.:punk:

A off road category would be a great idea because your bike is built more like a quad/dirt bike. That way guys who go mudding and stuff with there bikes could talk about hard core off road mods in there own category so new guys who wanna do the same have less searching to do to find out who knows how to help them with there questions on this topic.

I love the big tired minibikes.:thumbsup: thats next if I can ever swing it.

No suspension would make for a wild ride but they would go thru the deep sand where we ride very well, might even be able to keep up with me on my 200cc china dualsport in the sand.
If they are geared right they'd out climb me in the deep sand hills with ease.

When I think of off roading I think of terrain that is going to test man(or woman) and machine not some fluffy soft mowed lawn.:lol:

I hardly ever see a minibike out on the trails when riding but then we havnt been able to go as much lately sooo.......:shrug:

I love the big tired minibikes.:thumbsup: thats next if I can ever swing it.

No suspension would make for a wild ride but they would go thru the deep sand where we ride very well, might even be able to keep up with me on my 200cc china dualsport in the sand.
If they are geared right they'd out climb me in the deep sand hills with ease.

shrug:
Thats why you get a Super Bronc. They have front and rear suspension. :thumbsup:

Yeah those would work I just cant spend the cash right now but things are changing so it could happen in the not to distant future.

I'd still like more suspension travel but the big tires alone do alot to smooth out some of the bumps.
I like putting:rolleyes: down the deep sand trails on my dualsport at around 40-50 MPH:biggrin:.